cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

At my wit's end

ac31
Joining in

A familiar tale of disastrous customer service I'm afraid.

I've been having some outage issues in recent weeks so had an engineer booked to investigate on Monday afternoon. However at Monday lunchtime my service (broadband, TV, phone) all stopped working completely.

The engineer turned up, had a look, but couldn't fix it as the cable between my house and the cabinet needs replacing. The 're-pull' was scheduled for Tuesday between 8 and 1. 

Tuesday nobody shows, nobody calls. I phoned up 3 times and each time am told that someone will call me shortly. Nobody ever does. At some point I had received an SMS with details of the alleged engineer visit, I message that number and am told that they're not not sure what happened but that I now has an engineer scheduled for Wed between 8 and 1.

Wednesday: Nobody shows again, nobody calls again. I raise a complaint but then recieve an email telling me that the complaint has been resolved. I try to phone on multiple occasions and am unable to get a coherent response. I am passed from person to person and nobody knows anything or is able to help.

Another SMS conversation now tells me that an eng visit is scheduled for Thu 8-1.

You know what happened next. No engineer, no phone call from VM. Several frustrating attempts to contact someone with some knowledge at VM.

So here I am. It's Thursday night. I've had no service since Monday lunchtime. I'm completely reliant on it as I am WFH at the moment, as is my wife. Nobody from VM has contacted me at any point. I have no clue if or when anybody will come to fix the issue, nor why scheduled engineer visits have been missed. My complaint has been unilaterally cancelled by VM (I subsequently raised another complaint).

I have never felt so impotent. It's impossible to speak to anyone with any ability to help.

If anyone has any advice on what do (the obvious one being to cancel and get sky) I'd be very grateful!

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Obvious one is to cancel and get Openreach full fibre to the property (FTTP - BT with TV or other BB only ISP.). lol.

You're entitled to compensation https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

Call and speak to 150 early in the morning, when it's quiet, as it takes more time on here to get a mod to look into it.

Pursue the compensation and the cable repull.  Explore your leaving options even if you don't intend to.  Will help sharpen the minds involved.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ac31,

Thanks for taking the time to post on our forums and welcome to the community, I'm really sorry that this couldn't be on better terms.

Firstly I would like to apologise for the experience that you have had dealing with your faults, we should doing what we promised on the dates that we said it would happen.

I can see from your account that the appointment for this is booked in for today and I know that you have been told this a few times but I will also be mailing the area manager to see if this is going to go ahead and why you have had so many delays to getting this sorted.

Regards,

Steven_L

ac31
Joining in
  • Hello - quick update.

The engineers did indeed turn up this morning. Unfortunately they left without resolving the issue or attempting to communicate with me.

I have phoned customer services, but nobody there has any idea why they left, or when or if my issues may be resolved.

Sigh.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @ac31.

I am sorry for the engineer leaving without explanation.

The job has not yet been updated with the engineer notes, this should update by the end of the day.

They may of needed a certain type of cable or may of been missing something, they should come back if this is the case, if no one comes back then please let us know and we can chase this up.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide