cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assistance on default relating to mortgage application.

ByrneBear
Joining in

Good Afternoon

Written in good will and desperation…

I have been a virgin media customer for many years and I wish to remain with you. I’ve never complained and am on the whole happy with the services to date.

However my partner and I are buying a new house (whereby we'd like to move your services to when we do move) BUT we have a huge issue with my partners own expunged Virgin Media Account with you and an paid and resolved default on his credit report.   

This default is based on him having moved house himself last year and not receiving notice of a payment failure at close of account. He was NOT aware of any owing outstanding at all and continued oblivious for approx four months until it was settled.

This is now preventing us BOTH from obtaining a joint mortgage on the new home for us and three small children. Our forever home to enable us to provide the children their own rooms. We are not wealthy people at all so this is so important and are desperate specifically in the current financial climate.

The mortgage provider has stated that the £60 default on my partner account with you is the ONLY reason we are being denied the mortgage. We absolutely have to have the default removed immediately or we will lose this house with no opportunity to afford another for quite some time.

Im appealing to someone there who can help us. Someone at Virgin who can sympathise and go the extra mile for us.

I know we are not the only ones suffering at the moment with these awful minor faults on records and there was never any intention on our part to defraud Virgin Media. Please can someone assist us with moving our lives forward!

To not get this house over a £60 minor default that was a mistake due to moving house and lack of communication seems very frustrating.

I hope someone can assist me and my partner as a gesture of goodwill and as a long term customer to Virgin Media.

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you have evidential proof that this default is in error? If so - email it all to creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk

They will investigate the alleged inaccurate entry and arrange corrections to anything they deem incorrect. It can take upto 28days. However, the nature of a default is an unpaid debt, so for it to be removed requires it to be invalid in the first place.

@ByrneBear wrote:

This default is based on him having moved house himself last year and not receiving notice of a payment failure at close of account. He was NOT aware of any owing outstanding at all and continued oblivious for approx four months until it was settled.

If you have settled this debt, then you have accepted its validity - the most you can hope for is for it to be marked settled, if it's not been already. To be subsequently arguing its invalidity, appears contradictory.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ByrneBear, 

Thanks for your post and a big welcome to the forum. It's great having you on board with us in the Community.  

I'm sorry to hear that your partner has had a default recorded on his credit file after moving home. 

The quickest way to get this looked at is to raise a dispute directly with the credit referencing agency. They will send the information to us and we will take a look at this, correct anything that needs correcting and we then send the updates directly back. 

If you would prefer to raise this directly with us then in order for us to investigate this and look at things, we would need a bit more information from you. Please send a copy of your partners credit file to us along with as much information as possible regarding the VM account and the information you believe is wrong and we can look at the entry for you. 

Please note the overall turnaround for a credit file resolution can take up to 28 days from the day we receive a copy of your file.  You can send this via email or post to the following: 

➡ Email: creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk 

➡ In writing: Consumer Underwriting Services, Virgin Media, Eagle Court 3, Coventry Road, Sheldon, B26 3RZ 

Based on what you've said, it does sound as though the default was correct at the time. If this was the case then it's unlikely the team will remove the default as this would have been correctly added. As mentioned above by japitts though, if it's been paid then the default should show as satisfied or settled as opposed to still owing. 

Please keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs