cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armed forces move

Equinn
Joining in

I’m living in forces accommodation with my partner and he is being posted and our new house will not be covered by virgin media. The virgin bill is in my name. Is there anything I can do to get the cancellation fee waived as we are moving much sooner than expected so it’s going to be a huge fee. We unfortunately don’t have any choice in the matter of where we are moved to. Any advice would be appreciated 

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Equinn 

You may be able to cancel without any termination fees under the HM Forces Covenant which VM have signed up to, however that may not apply if the account is in your name.

If that doesn't help then there may be some good news due to VM introducing a new policy in february this year for customers moving to an area which VM does not cover, which may apply to your move and any early disconnection fees due.

https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/virgin-media-o2-ends-charges-for-off-net-home-movers/  

Also info below from https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/fibre-optic-services-terms-conditions/early-disconnection-fees 

The Virgin Media network does not cover all of the UK – please use our post code checker by clicking here to check availability. If you move outside our network area during your minimum period, you might have to pay an early disconnection fee for ending your contract early.

If you’re moving outside our network area but still within the UK and give us some valid evidence of your new address, we’ll credit you back the early disconnection fee. When submitting your disconnection request, our team will explain the next steps and you’ll get a request for valid proof of your new UK address. If we get this back within 30 days and it’s validated, we’ll apply a credit to the value of your early disconnection fee to your account.

Call in and chat to the Home Move team on 150 from a Virgin landline  or mobile (free call) or 0345 4541111 from any other phone (landline rates) and select Option 4 (Moving Home)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Equinn
Welcome to the community.
I'm sorry to hear you're having to leave us due to an Armed forces home move. I can see on our system that you have been in touch regarding your query about the early disconnection fees. Was everything answered at this time? If not, please join me on private message so we can go through security questions and locate your account to discuss further. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

@Equinn

You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley