cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armed forces deployment

Kylepalethorpe6
Joining in

Good evening

I'm due to deploy overseas with the RAF in march and my current plan runs out in Apr 22. I am due to deploy in March. My bill then goes up to £100 after this, obviously I would not want to pay this would be looking for a new deal or to move to sky where they do military discount. 

Is there any circumstances in where I can provide a longer than 30 day cancellation notice providing I have proof of my deployment? Or can I possibly arrange to sort to arrange a new deal with virgin media prior to me leaving say Feb?

Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Kylepalethorpe6,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post! I'm glad to see that you got in touch about your package as you're due to be deployed soon.

I understand that your contract is due to end in April, after you are deployed, however, we're unable to put in a cancellation that is longer than 30 days unfortunately. However, if you'd like we can discuss a possibility of changing your package to something that will be more suitable for you if you get in touch with us on 150/ 03454541111 or text us on 07533051809.

However, if you choose to end your contract, due to you being part of the Armed Forces, Early Disconnection Fees would not apply to you as long as you provide evidence that you're part of the Armed Forces.

We're unable to process any package changes on this Forum, but please get in touch further to discuss this in greater details if needed.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Good morning 

I have tried to discuss changing my package however I seem to get nowhere. The problem I have is I have a young family at home and I am the billpayer for this account. I don't want to pay over £100 for TV. While I am away phone calls/Internet is limited therefore I cannot phone up next month, can only really do it via email.

Is there anything else I can do? I don't really want to put this onto my family as they'll have enough to deal with.

Thanks 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Kylepalethorpe6, 

Thank you for your post. 

Upon reading the thread, the advise the agent has given you is correct. 

The information that was provided then is the same that I can give you know - we're unable to process any package changes on the forums unfortunately. 

When you have spoken with the team, what have they advised? 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Hello,

They have advised Me to call next month however like I mention, contact is very limited therefore I'd be unable to sit on the phone for 30 minutes plus. They have said a family member can cancel my package however all I need is to sort it out either get onto a new package or be downgraded so my family at least still have Internet.

Hi @Kylepalethorpe6

Thanks for getting back to us. I understand how frustrating this must be, but unfortunately we cannot arrange a change of package via the forums so you will need to give our team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 to arrange this. Just so you know, the best time to call is usually 8am. Or you could try texting us regarding your package change on +44753 305 1809.  

Please do keep us posted on how you get on with your call / texts with us. I apologise for the inconvenience this is causing.

Kind regards,

Serena