cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armed forces covenent

Craigb123
Tuning in

Hi I’m just looking for some help if possible please, me and my partner are moving to our first military house from our current council rented house but the area we are moving to doesn’t have virgin media coverage, the bill is in my partner’s  name as the contract was taken out in her name before we met but after we rang earlier and tried to discuss this with someone they said because the contract isn’t in my name we cannot get the cancellation fees waived, we have been loyal virgin customers for a number of years and now hearing this I don’t know wether I would come back to virgin again knowing they don’t support the armed forces as they state they do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
see what VM say bur from what i've read https://www.gov.uk/government/news/broadband-providers-drop-cancellation-fees-for-armed-forces-perso...

"Defence Minister Mark Lancaster has announced that Armed Forces personnel will no longer have to face cancellation fees for their broadband and media packages when posted overseas or to another part of the UK."

As you are the Armed Forces personnel and not your wife i read that as the account would have to be yours.

See what VM say when they get here as there is not much documentation on this

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Craigb123

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I'll PM you now to advise further

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

GuyWorthington
Joining in

Hi,

Did you manage to get this sorted? We are having the same issue were we are being charged the early cancellation fee as it is not in my partners name, but mine. When we was with Sky we had no issue getting the fee waived when had a new posting. Now it seem more difficult with Virgin. Complaint has been put in, but as far as I am concerned the name should not matter as the household is moving from one military property to another. 

Thanks

Yes I managed to get it sorted the person in the reply above yours private messaged me and we got it sorted through them maybe you could speak to them and see if they could help? 

Thank you! I will message.