cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Armed Forces Deploying - Pause Broadband

Phelan583
Tuning in

Good Evening,

I have just purchased a new property and am looking to get virgin fibre broadband. However, I am in the military and it is possible that i may be deployed for 6 months later this year. Obviously, i am not keen on taking out an 18 month contract where i will be paying for 6 months that i am not using it.

Under the military covenant, i know military personnel can get free cancellations if sent overseas. However, as it will only be 6 months away is it possible to simply pause the contract and then resume it (with the full remaining time on the contract) when i return? Or would it be a case of having to cancel the contract and then taking a new one when i return?

1 REPLY 1

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Phelan583, thanks for your post and great to hear that you're looking to get broadband with us here at Virgin Media!

That's no problem at all, I'm more than happy to confirm that we allow all our customers who are with the Armed Forces to leave without Early Disconnection Fees if you are the account holder, and deployed during your contract length.

We generally don't offer "paused contracts" as such, so it'd be more of a case of exactly what you've said, cancelling the contract penalty free and taking a new one whenever you return.

If you want to chat to our Sales Team, they're available on 0800 183 1234 or see our offers available online here.

Many thanks

Tom_W