cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are 30 day contracts offered?

WoahWoahUser
Up to speed

My Virgin contract has recently finished and of course the time has come to haggle with retentions. However this time around an Altnet is just about to start building outside my house and I’d of course love to switch to them as they’re prices are lower and speeds are better for a much much lower price. The problem is the out of contract price is just too high, and I’d love to drop the TV service - without having to sign a lengthy 18 month contract. If I can’t get a 30 day contract, I’ll probably get some sort of short term mobile broadband until we can get Full Fibre to our house and switch our Landline to a VoIP provider.

In short: can I downgrade my package without having to sign an 18 month contract. 

4 REPLIES 4

jem101
Superstar

I believe the answer is no, you can’t. Any change will start a new 18 month contract. So you need to plan ahead carefully and make your own calculations and decisions on the best approach going forward.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @WoahWoahUser 

You will find the 30 day contracts are more expensive  and only available on the M100, M200 and M350 speeds.

https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/rolling-contract 

If the above  link doesn't work try using an incognito window.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

@newapollo wrote:

Hi @WoahWoahUser 

You will find the 30 day contracts are more expensive  and only available on the M100, M200 and M350 speeds.

https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/rolling-contract 

If the above  link doesn't work try using an incognito window.

£50 for M200 is a lot less than I’m paying now (~£100) and I really do not need Virgin’s TV or Landline services as they simply go unused, I might try out three’s 5G broadband as I know they’re quite good in my area and a whole lot cheaper than Virgin. Thanks for that link, didn’t know virgin still did 30 day contracts - they’re very good at hiding it. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @WoahWoahUser 

@WoahWoahUser wrote

Thanks for that link, didn’t know virgin still did 30 day contracts - they’re very good at hiding it. 

Now that's an understatement roflrofl

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali