cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

April Price hike and agreed price change with Virgin Agent

StephenDa
Joining in

On 24 March 23 I called Virgin to cancel my account as I didn't want to pay the April price hike. The Agent I spoke to asked me to hold to see if she could do something to keep me.

She said the price increase would not be applied to my account and in fact reduced my monthly payment to: May £75.60, June £87.79 July, and Aug 90.29 per month with no changes to my package.... bear in mind I was already paying £105 per month and they wanted to increase it by £21... so I was pleased with the outcome and it influenced me to stay. I have just received my June bill for 90.29 and not the £87.79 that was agreed upon and confirmed not once but twice.... I have been on the phone to Virgin for approximately 1hr and 50 mins trying to correct the bill to what had been agreed upon without any success... Virgin blamed it on the agent making an error but her error has now cost me by having to stay with Virgin until my contract runs out so I won't have to pay any fees.

I have been with Virgin for over 7 years without a missed or late payment, but they are willing to lose a loyal customer for waht all boils down to £6.50... so be it i am gone it seems

Has anybody had an issue like this... legally what does an agreed change of contract mean, have they broken their contract with me or does it mean that Virgin can ignore it and change it when the like

1 REPLY 1

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi StephenDa 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Community Forums

I'm sorry to hear you've had some problems with the billing-side of your account since speaking with our team. I'm going to send you a private message, so I can look into this further for you.

Please look out for it in the top-right, white envelope. If you can't see it, just tap your Profile Picture and then the "Messages" tab.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ