Menu
LHenson
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Appalling customer service and misinformation.

Posting here in hopes I am finally listened to by the Virgin Media team.

I strongly advise no one to use virgin media as they will even find a way to bill you long after you call to cancel! Instead of cancelling all my services after my call requesting this on September, I am still being charged for line rental 4 months on. I was told on 16th cancellation will only count from today? Suggested someone listens the call from September to see what I was actually told back then and was told calls are not recorded? No contact received after my web form complaint last week, and a 40 min phonecall on 16th January lead to no resolution and a lie that the customer service manager would call in touch 12.30 to 2.30. Then had few rings of phone on 16th at 7.29pm, my phone was accross the room charging and i did not have time to reach the phone to answer, and a rushed voicemail from someone called Margaret promising I would be called back the next day. I rang straight back after 60 mins on hold had to give up to go to bed as am currently on phased return to work and need my rest. The fact i had spinal surgery is mentioned in the web form complaint. No phone call received all day on 17th! Feel this is being done deliberately so you can keep charging me for longer. Also not resolving my complaint means I don't have a final resolution letter so I can take this to an ombudsmen! I would like to hear your views on why you feel it is necessary to cause me a load of additional stress and affect my finances whilst I am recovering from spinal surgery? Starting to feel like I am not dealing with a real company and this situation is making me stressed and feel it is affecting my health. I feel your company has deliberately mislead me multiple times. The initial call in September was horrible and the operative I spoke to was patronising and stand office, which cemented my decision to leave. Just wanted to get out of a contract with you as quickly as possible despite needing to pay for weeks when I would no longer be using the service as would have BT set up by then. Your team are completely unwilling to offer any kind of 'customer service. Due to your complete mishandling of my cancellation, poor responses to complaint and my subsequent distress I do not feel that my request for the current bill to be cancelled and to not have to pay for an additional 30 days again. I am sure that somebody in your company has the authority to do this. If unable to cancel charge then I am sure you can credit the account with the value of the charges so I accrue no more debts while the account closes. Please can you also now actually check my account is closed.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Appalling customer service and misinformation.

Hi LHenson,

Thank you for your first post ad welcome to our forums page.

I am very sorry to hear about this, this is not the experience we would expect for you. 

If a customer chooses to cancel their services, we do sometimes leave the phone line active so they are able to transfer their number over to their new provider. It sounds like this may be the case for you. 

I will send you a PM so we can take some details from you and look into this further for you. If you can reply to that with the details requested, I will be more than happy to help

Regards

Lindsey_C Forums Team

0 Kudos
LHenson
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

This is now resolved. After another hour on the phone on Friday had an apology and resolution in the form of a goodwill gesture of my accpint being credited to the valie of the last 2 unexpected bills. Will be in contact with new provider to see what they can do too. Funnily enough virgin media started calling on Monday though so the complaint is not closed properly. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi LHenson,

I'm very glad to hear you have got this resolved to your satisfaction.

Did you speak to us when we called on Monday? If you did, what was discussed?

Regards

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
LHenson
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No, as I was at work. A voicemail was left saying someone would try again. I don't think there is any more I wish to discuss and am happy for the complaint to be closed. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

OK, if you are happy for the complaint to be closed, please can you reply to the PM I have sent you with the details requested and I can close this for you.

Regards

Lindsey_C 

0 Kudos