cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appalling Contract issues and awful customer service

AntJar
On our wavelength

I'm wondering if anyone can help. I have had an awful time trying to get help via chat and over the phone. There is very deliberate obfuscation here and I don't know how to get someone senior at Virgin to acknowledge that their customer servide is not fit for purpose. 

I accepted an offer to stay with Virgin for a better price on my Big Bundle (£29 a month). I did this via an email link and got a message saying I would receive an email with the new contract within 24 hrs which didn't arrive. I then got a disconnection notification so contacted their chat function and was assured that the new deal was lodged and I would be cut off. Of course I was then cut off. As an NHS keyworker, working from home, this was an issue- so I called to complain and they said that they had to re-activate the account (which they did). I asked if this would be with the deal I accepted and they said they had to get the account back online first and to call back. I did- and was told to wait for the first bill. The bill arrived but was for £62 a month with a lot of additional charges for 'changes' which I hadn't made. I have been sent around the houses so many times with their chat but they won't honour the original agreement now and I keep being passed around and then dropped by exceptionally poor customer service. I have supplied evidence of my offer and acceptance numerous times but even then Virgin won't accept their error (two of the Chats I have had have actually agreed with me but not done anything about it).

I've lodged two complaints with them and both times I received an email saying that they had contacted me (which they HAD  NOT) and that the complaint was closed. No way to discuss this is offered- so it's back to square one.

I've lodged a complaint with CICAS now, but I'm not sure if I should cancel my direct debit before it comes out in the hopes that this will prompt Virgin to look properly at this properly. I suspect that this will eventually lead to debt collectors being called.

I'm so appaled by Virgin over this- I just want to leave now but they are saying I have 17 months left of my contract (a contract they they created without my consent - no emails were sent to notify me of this for which I could have used a cooling off period to cancel).

Just awful from Virgin on so many levels.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Frustrated271
Joining in

I've had a similar experience. I've cancelled my direct debit and will have to sign a contract with someone else. As long as you've got evidence of what you signed for, they won't be able to chase you for the "charges".

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

AntJar
On our wavelength

Sorry- When I called to say to check the disconection notice was incorrect I was promised I would NOT be cut off! Typo...

Frustrated271
Joining in

I've had a similar experience. I've cancelled my direct debit and will have to sign a contract with someone else. As long as you've got evidence of what you signed for, they won't be able to chase you for the "charges".

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @AntJar,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I'm really sorry to hear of the experience that you've had with your package changes that you didn't ask for and your account being disconnected.

I have looked into this and can see that you have been able to raise a disconnection order for our services, I'm truly sorry that it has come to this but totally understand your reasons for wanting to leave.

I would be happy to raise another complaint, if you'd like me to do so?

Regards,

Steven_L

AntJar
On our wavelength
Hi Steven_L

Thanks for your message- it's much appreciated. Yes- please do raise another complaint (please can you send me the reference, if possible?), although I'm afraid that I hold very little hope that Virgin will actually do anything other than close it without contacting me again.

I was surprised to get the disconnection order given I had told the Chat agent (the night before, before he abandoned me, saying he would be away from his desk for an hour; two hours later the chat finished without further comment) that I would not accept any disconnection fees. My guess is that this has been processed anyway (without my consent) and I will get a bill for 17 months x £62.

It really is the most appalling treatment I have ever received from a service provider. I'll see what CICAS says and go from there.

Thanks again for your message

Antony

Hi AntJar,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, we are sorry to hear this still has not been sortied for you, I will be more than happy to look further and raise a complaint on your b3ehalf, I will send you an invite into a private chat, I will send this shortly, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.