Menu
londonsmee
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Anyone else feel ripped off

Friends just got the 

Player TV Vivid 350 Talk weekends tv anywhere Virgin media wifi £39/m for 12 months then £58 /month £20 activation.

I'm on the 

Player TV gamer 200 Talk weeken £78/m.

So newer customers paying £20 less than 10 year customers. Thanks Virgin for appreciating the long association and wanting to rip customers off. We paying £20 over their full time payment of new customers. I can understand the introduction rate, just wanting to charge more because of loyalty. Not right.

Midgey
Tuning in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Anyone else feel ripped off

Yes me tooo

I have Vivid 100, Full house and Talk weekends at a cost of nearly £68, and like you have been with them over 10 years !!!!
0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

new customers always get the best deals. all providers do this. been discussed here many times. it is a business model that works.

the only way to stay on top and get the best deals is to change tv/phone/car insurance/broadband/car recovery/anti virus/house insurance/electric/gas etc etc every year.

most people do not. for every complaint there are 99 that do nothing.
gaztechno1
Just joined
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Anyone else feel ripped off

I've been with virgin media since the name change even though the wire infrastructure was there before since . 

Cable & Wireless

Nunez

Around 3 years ago I reduced my broadband speed from . 200 MB to around . 100 MB . The cost of this from the call centre at virgin media was . SAID to be then a Contract of £ 27 a Month . Since then there has been enough for the . Direct Debit . Though because of yet another virgin media scam it's now said to be around £ 55 a month and very much mad and unclear pricing issues . Now . After a year it's now cut off . I've no home virgin media internet . Though . Various debt collection companies are plucking figures of debt from thin air . The conversation with virgin media staff is that it's said to be as explained in . Contract . To be £ 27 a month ( I've the contract agreement call centre recording ) 

Any ideas how to get the internet online and for virgin media to stop the sad dodgy scam tricks .

It wasn't as bad as this when . Mr Richard Branson . Was owner of virgin media . Now it seems to have got more difficult and scamming . 

Midgey
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I don't have a problem with new customers getting perks, after all there were probably similar perks when we first joined. I just never understand why my contract price is higher than new customers after  12 months. But hey ho..... that's life 

Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Midgey wrote:

I don't have a problem with new customers getting perks, after all there were probably similar perks when we first joined. I just never understand why my contract price is higher than new customers after  12 months. But hey ho..... that's life 

Most years there is an annual price rise which skews the figures. Best thing to do every year when this happens (usually November) is renegotiate contract as you can get a discount etc and knock the cost off pretty much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Hesnojedi
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I was the same as you LondonSmee, vivid 200, tv and phone for £89 per month, been with well first Blueyonder then virgin for 20 years.

So phoned them up, spoke to a really nice lady at virgin who helped me get upgraded to the vivid 350, I had to lower my tv package to player but got it down to £59 per month till 2020 when it goes up to £66.

londonsmee
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Spoke to a Really nice customer service agent today,  Richard from Sheffield.  And all sorted. Now on £49 for 16 months and then £58 after that. On the 350 VID, with TV & phone. Also given £50 credit for recommending my friend. (Didn't know you had to get a reference number.) Also if you want UK Customer services 150, then option 4 then opt 2. 

Was an affirming experience knowing that could get it sorted. Shame to have to go to that extent.  Don't like the bartering system but was nice to know being a loyal customer was recognised.  

0 Kudos
riggers836
Just browsing
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I noticed this too - not that I could stand Branson in the first place. Our Broadband is £37 per month. Supposed to be 50mb but best has only ever been 40. In the past, every time they've put up the price (always in the middle of the contract,) and I've checked what we can get elsewhere, we're told that we'll have to have a line installed (we only have cable at the moment,) and that the best speed we can get is between 12 to 22mb (so 12 then, obviously.)  To be honest even this is double what we need - we don't live stream, apart from maybe vids on youtube, on the laptop. So today I logged with my VPN in to a proxy that was showing 10mb and watched a video on youtube. It stuttered once, when in full screen mode - which I don't usually use - So we'll be switching to Vodaphone, when our contract with these rip off merchants ends in March.

I understand (if my info is correct,) that all firms have access to the copper network - but as far as I know, Virgin owns the cable network - and it's exploiting its position. To be forced to install what is admittedly an older, inferior system because the firm who offer what should be standard now, is sickening. But I refuse to pay these sharks any more. In March, they can go to hell.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi riggers836, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're leaving us. 

Our fibre network is owned and only used by us. No other provider is able to use out cable network. Other companies may have their own network but that wouldn't be anything to do with us. 

If you're happier having a slower speed, speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and they can see if there is a way to reduce your package Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos