Menu
Flippppy
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Any offers for existing customer?

Just came to the end of my 1st year with Virgin and the monthly price increased quite a bit, still very happy with bundle and service but thought I would ring to see if I could get a bit of a discount. Absolutely nothing offered, really surprised that they were so uninterested in keeping existing customers even by offering some little discount, it looks like it’s time to start looking round again!!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Any offers for existing customer?

@Flippppy wrote:

Just came to the end of my 1st year with Virgin and the monthly price increased quite a bit, still very happy with bundle and service but thought I would ring to see if I could get a bit of a discount. Absolutely nothing offered, really surprised that they were so uninterested in keeping existing customers even by offering some little discount, it looks like it’s time to start looking round again!!

I don’t know why so many people are surprised by this. In line with all the utilities, after the first year you pay the true cost of the services you are using, plus subsidising the next set of “new customers”. This regime is also encouraged by the telecoms regulator, as it leads to more people switching providers, which in turn makes their figures look good.

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports/Cinema (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, 350M BB, Virgin PAYG Mobile