cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another stuck in My Virgin Media password reset loop

FrankDrebbin
Joining in

Hi,

I would be grateful if a forum mod could please help with this because I am loosing the will to live with the password reset process for My Virgin Media.

I signed up for Virgin several months ago and all services are installed and working correctly, however I have never been able to successfully sign in to My Virgin Media. At the sign in page, it rejects my password. I then have to follow the 'Forgot Password' link, where it redirects to a page which asks for my security question answer and DOB. After passing this, it brings me to the password reset page, where it says to choose a password between 8-10 characters, letters and numbers only, case sensitive. 

After entering and confirming a password which meets those criteria, it simply returns to the same page, with a yellow dialog saying 'Some information is missing or incorrectly entered. Please check below and try again.'

I then input and confirm a valid password a second time, at which point it returns to the initial logon screen, where neither the newly set nor old password work. I have no choice but to follow the 'Forgot password' link once more, and then the whole saga begins again, over and over.

I have tried umpteen permutations of valid passwords, different browsers, different computers, across several months, and it has never worked. I saw some suggestions about using the mobile app, but am unable to do so as I've never been able to sign in. This is not a recent problem, it has been on-going since day one, I just haven't had the time to troubleshoot it properly until now.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could please contact me about having this password manually reset, as I think I'll put a gun in my mouth if I'm forced to run through that pointless, endless loop one more time!

Many thanks.

27 REPLIES 27

FrankDrebbin
Joining in

FrankDrebbin_0-1604360343566.png

Sorry, example of the error on the password reset screen attached.

Hi FrankDrebbin

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I am sorry for the online account issue and am eager to sort this out for you.

I'll PM you now to help

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I'm stuck in this too. Weird high bill, no way to check it. No way to contact help to sort the problem. BT are looking pretty attractive right now, which is saying a lot.

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the post Self_healer and welcome to our community.

I'll pop you over a private message so we can take a look for you.

Thanks, Emily.

steve_switch
Tuning in

I'm stuck in this too if anyone knows a solution! 

Hi steve_switch,

Thanks for getting in touch via our Community Forum - sorry to hear you are also affected by this issue.

I will bob you a PM to take a look at this for you.

Thanks,

Beth

Beth

JNForum
Joining in

I have this issue as well, seems to be a constant loop that I can’t break... any help would be appreciated. Thanks. 

Hey JNForum,

Welcome to the Community Forums 🙂

I'll gladly help out with this - I've sent you over a PM so I can take some further details.

See you there,

Beth

Beth

I have this problem too and have rung VM but no luck in sorting it out yet. Has anyone found a solution pls? TIA