Menu
Bemplummer
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Andreia Brazier Get Fit charge on my bill?

So I have just checked my bill and there is a random charge for £3.99 for an Andreia Brazier game!!!! Well only myself and husband live in our house and neither of us use the apps or indeed did we even instert the pin to access apps or any other area of the virgin tv... has anyone else had this issue and if so did you get a refund as this charge is not legally allowed to be deducted from my bill as I did not purchase or agree to it.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Andreia Brazier Get Fit charge on my bill?

Hello Bemplummer,

Any content such as the above would require the input of the pin, the cost is clearly displayed too when the app is selected. I have replicated this in the office and this is the case. 

Does anyone else have access to your TV that could have purchased this?

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
Bemplummer
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No have having read other customers comments on the forum they too have been charged and have no knowledge of accessing this specific app... very unsatisfactory.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello Bemplummer, 

I understand your frustration it can accidentally be selected when in the apps menu. 

I would recommend checking your settings in: 

• Press Home on your remote
  • Select Help & Settings
  • Choose Purchase Controls
  • Enter your PIN
  • Choose Require a PIN to purchase or Allow purchases without a PIN

This will help ensure this doesn't happen again. 

Thank you 

Jen_Y

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Bemplummer
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Actually it wasnt accidentally selected, please don’t patronise me, I know how to use my remote control.

as I said thoroughly unsatisfactory, as other customers have also said they have had the same charges.

Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I'm happy to take a closer look in to this for you Bemplummer. 

I will send you a personal message, if you can reply to that message with the following information to clear security I can take a closer look in to this for you. 

Thank you 

Jen Y 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
raymond23
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yep just happened to me as well.  Totally turned over.  Talked to VM on the phone, got told I will have to pay it as I have "Obviously used it."

Don't even remember the name of it. Never went on it at all and I live on my own.  NO-ONE has been in

my house when I'm not there.  Certainly feels like someone has, though !  I wonder if someone has found a way to hack this and make someone else pay?

Was told "impossible" by the scottish lady on the other end.  After all, no-one has ever hacked anyone before have they?

This box is going back mate...….I got done in my bank by thieves a while back, first they took £20 in small bits, then it was £400 before I could cancel the account. I got my money back but the lesson is clear.....CLOSE it fast before its £400 or more ! SOMEONE is stealing your money !

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi raymond23, 

Welcome to our community forum it;'s great to have you on board.

As stated above would require the input of the pin and the cost is clearly displayed too when the app is selected. 

I have also sent you a private message so we can address your concerns in more detail. 

Regards, 

Dean C

Mac77
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have also got this charge on my bill and i know neither my husband or i have have bought this.  A complaint is going through but looking at the responses on this site i am not confident anything will be done.

I am very concerned that what is 3.99 now could be a lot more in the future.  If not sorted i will be cancelling my contract as Virgin are not providing a service fit for use.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mac77

Welcome to the community and thanks for getting in touch. 

I am sorry to hear you have also received an unknown charge.  Is there anyone within the property who could have purchased the app?

This person would have required the pin number. 

I will also pop you over a private message to grab a few more details from you. 

This will appear in the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos