cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amend my credit file

joshttx
Joining in
I would desperately like to speak to someone in Virgin Media's credit file amendment team.

I had a tv and broadband account with Virgin Media (account number upon request). I called to close the account in March 2022. The operator told me that I was in credit on the account by £15 and that it would be paid by cheque within 30-45 days. The cheque never arrived at my new address, but I thought the matter was closed.

By two communication errors... 1. The post office not correctly forwarding my mail and 2. Virgin Media not having my up-to-date email address ...I was completely unaware that in fact another fee had been levied against me. It of course went unpaid until I picked up my missing mail from my old address (address upon request) in July.

I raised the dispute immediately with BPO Collections and Virgin Media. I was told by the VM operator that there was indeed an anomaly on the account, that an investigation would take place and I would hear back within 24 days. Instead I simply started receiving notices from your collections agency BPO Collections again.

Exasperated at this point, I simply paid the fee in August 2022. But now, as I am trying to apply for a new mortgage I find out that this small matter has decimated my credit report and made it impossible to speak to lenders.

My Experian credit report is still showing a code 8 (in default) even though the sum owed is 0. I strongly believe that the fault originated with Virgin Media not explaining my final bill to me properly. I would like this default completely removed from my account immediately and someone to contact me from Virgin Media to walk me through their process so I know it's being taken care of promptly and properly.
4 REPLIES 4

joshttx
Joining in

The problem has been completely resolved by calling your internal staff. I thank you for your prompt and full resolution to this matter.

Hi joshttx,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We can only apologise for any distress and inconvenience this issue has caused you.

We're pleased to hear that this matter has been resolved and we are amending your credit file to show no outstanding balance.

Once this has been updated, this should have no further detrimental effect on your credit score.

We wish you all the best and success for your further endeavours.

Kind regards Jodi. 

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@joshttx wrote:

The problem has been completely resolved by calling your internal staff. I thank you for your prompt and full resolution to this matter.

This is a pleasant surprise given the usually process involves contacting Virgin Media's Credit File team via email here creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk — hopefully the time frame for the correction to show on your credit report is short so that you can confirm it with the Credit Reference Agencies.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Hi @joshttx, thanks for confirming your issue has been resolved.

Please allow for up to 30 days from the date of any amendments made on our side, for the credit reference agencies to update their records.  If you need any further assistance, please do reach out?

Regards

Lee_R