cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Voucher never received

Trev-Thw
Joining in

I chose a Virgin contract via Broadband Choices, which offered a £100 Amazon voucher, in June 2022.

I followed the correct steps, and received an email, on 4th June, confirming I would get my voucher in 120 days, and not to contact before then. I added their email to my safe list and monitored my email folders, including spam. No voucher.

After the 120 days had comfortably passed, I contacted them on 7th Oct 2022, and received a generic reply with links to the FAQs, etc.

I contacted them again on 19th Oct 2022, which was now 138 days, and received the same reply, but also another which said they would investigate my enquiry and respond within 5 working days. They never did.

I contacted them again on 2nd Nov 2022, and, again, received the same reply, but also another which said they would investigate my enquiry and respond within 5 working days. 

Once again, nothing more heard.

I have tried every attempt to get a response to no avail. It seems like this is a common issue.

Please advise what is the solution.

3 REPLIES 3

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Trev-Thw, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community and though we're sorry to hear you're not received your Amazon Vouchers. 

As the promotion was offered through Broadband Choices, there wouldn't be anything we can do I'm afraid. You would need to speak directly to Broadband Choices. 

If you have any issues with your services, please pop back and let us know. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath_F

Thank you for your reply. I was prompted to post this as other users have done so, and appeared to receive support.

See: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Amazon-Voucher/m-p/5174420#M212925

I'm sorry you are unable to offer support. Speaking directly to Broadband choices is impossible, as my original post mentions, they promise responses that never happen.

It may be through Broadband Choices, but they did so using Virgin branding in their communications, which indicates consent. I don't think they are doing the Virgin name any favours by association. A search on Google, and this forum, yields telling stories. It may well be worth you reviewing your relationship with this company.

Whilst I have been happy with my broadband service from Virgin, it is tainted by this matter.

Kind regards

Hi Trev-Thw, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. I appreciate your frustration. 

From time to time, we do offer Amazon vouchers when signing up directly through us but where you've gone through a third party, the offer is with them and not us so we're unable to fulfil it. The thread you've linked us too, I can only assume that the person has since been advised that we're unable to help. 

We do have partnerships where other outlets are able to advertise our packages but the extras such as cash back / vouchers / free gifts are directly with them. 

On this occasion - it is broadband choices you need to contact for further support. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs