cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I the only one who received a discounted sky sports email from virgin?

paulsbeaton
Tuning in

First time posting after my first time speaking to virgin directly on the phone. Is upgrading/downgrading tv packages always this awful? Have spent an hour going round in circles with two different members of staff.

Most importantly though, did anyone else receive an email offering them sky sports for £22 SD and £29 HD? Because the staff you speak to on 0800 052 0701 or 0800 052 0617 haven’t received the memo! 

Such a complicated process. I’ll get my sport from bt sport app and nowtv. Bit dearer but starting and cancelling is simple.

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

From the sounds of it, you've received a promotional email offering Sky Sports at a discounted rate?

Can you post a copy of the email, obscuring any identifiable details?

Sky Sports standard price on VM is £31.75/month in SD or £38.75 in HD, so a third off would probably come with T&Cs of some kind.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Screenshot 2021-08-05 at 18.08.30.png

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Judging by that screenshot, the "kick off here" would be a link to process this addition online?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Yeah with an optional phone number also below.

Hi paulsbeaton

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

What happens if you press 'kick off here', it should take you to your online account to process the order.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John,

I get a message saying it’s processing then an email saying they have got my request and they’ll send me an email to confirm. That doesn’t come though.

I signed up for sky sports at 31.75 a month on Saturday but thought receiving that email and only being signed up for 3 days I could swap to that deal. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@paulsbeaton wrote:

I signed up for sky sports at 31.75 a month on Saturday but thought receiving that email and only being signed up for 3 days I could swap to that deal. 

Without seeing the T&Cs of the offer, I suspect it may be for non-subscribers only.

You will have signed up at £31.75/month and would need to give 30days notice to stop that.

Yeah I thought they could use some discretion to change the offer since I was a new customer.

More surprising was the fact none of the operators I spoke to knew of the deal!