cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I the 1st customer to change my email?

susiekew
Tuning in

Please, please, PLEASE can someone help me?

I have been trying for 5 years (yes, FIVE years) to get Virgin's Billing Department to update my email address.

I have tried phoning numerous times, waiting for an hour and then losing the will to live. If I do get through, the person on the other end doesn't seem able to speak English and unable to help.

I have used the on-line chat facility and been promised twice that my old email address will be deleted and my new email address inserted so I can correctly receive my monthly bills. This has not happened, except I'm now getting a heap of junk mail to my new address.

I've now resorted to writing a proper letter to Complaints in Sunderland, sending it by special delivery.

After receiving a letter in response, telling me my complaint will be looked at, I'm now getting a host of emails from the Media Notifications and Resolutions Team, all with different "complaint" reference numbers, but no-one appears to be actually READING my very simple request to tell the Billings department to change my email in their records.

I don't think this request is exactly rocket science, is it?

Is there anyone out there who can tell me how to get hold of the Billing Department?

I would gladly give up a winning lottery ticket for some help! After 5 years, it's driving me nuts.

Thanks so much!

susiekew

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @susiekew 

Have you tried altering your contact email address online by signing into

https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media ?

Then click on > Update SettingsAccount DetailsContact Details > then edit the contact email address then confirm email addres and click on Save?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave,

Thanks so much for answering...

Yes, I've tried logging on to the link you've given but it won't recognise EITHER of my email addresses and even when I give my account number, date of birth, yada,yada, it STILL can't find my details. 😢

Maybe I've upset it and it's now deleted my entire account? Will it now disconnect me? Maybe I won't be charged for my package anymore!

susiekew

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Susiekew, thanks for posting on our forum page with your issue today.

We're sorry to hear you've had this trouble with your email address being wrong on the account.

We would be glad to help out with this, to enable me to have a better look into this I will PM you here shortly.
Please check the top-right corner of our forum and you should see a purple envelope. Click this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I just like to give my thanks on the public board to Adri who, via a few PMs, has managed to sort out the mess created by the Media Notifications and Resolution Team in respect of my complaint which has been going on for 5 years...

I can't believe that something as simple as getting my monthly invoices sent to my new email, could be so traumatic.

However, Adri has now solved the problem and, as long as I don't get two charges next month - one each to both emails (😉), I'm hoping I won't have to bother him again.

Thanks Adri, you've been a life saver,

susiekewx

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @susiekew 

Thanks  for updating the thread. Great to see your email problem has been solved.

You know where to come in future for any support.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali