Joining in

Can I change to the social tarif

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Coronavirus

Unfortunately at the moment the Essential Broadband packages are only available  to those on Universal Credit, however this should change in the future, as per the info below from VM's https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk  press release.

Working with Government to make sign-ups easier and prices cheaper

In August, after the Government launched a new tool designed to make it easier for customers to confirm their eligibility for social broadband tariffs, Virgin Media O2 confirmed it was the first provider working to implement the automated checks with integration expected in the coming months. This project, once complete, will also enable Virgin Media O2 to expand the range of benefits in scope for its social tariffs to include Pension Credit amongst others for the first time, allowing more people to access these services.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Coronavirus 

The following page has the info you need, along with links to register for Essential Broadband.

https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/low-income-families 

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Coronavirus
Joining in

Do virgin media do a social tarif for people on pension credit

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Coronavirus

Unfortunately at the moment the Essential Broadband packages are only available  to those on Universal Credit, however this should change in the future, as per the info below from VM's https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk  press release.

Working with Government to make sign-ups easier and prices cheaper

In August, after the Government launched a new tool designed to make it easier for customers to confirm their eligibility for social broadband tariffs, Virgin Media O2 confirmed it was the first provider working to implement the automated checks with integration expected in the coming months. This project, once complete, will also enable Virgin Media O2 to expand the range of benefits in scope for its social tariffs to include Pension Credit amongst others for the first time, allowing more people to access these services.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Hi Coronavirus, 

Thanks for your post and it's great having you involved in the Community. 

For now, the essentials broadband package is only available to those receiving Universal Credit. 

If you're curently struggling with your monthly package though, we're always happy to review your package and cost to help find one that best suits your needs and budget - this doesn't always mean a downgrade! If you want to chat with us, please feel free to call on 150/03454541111 or pop us a text on 0753 305 1809. 

Keep us posted on how things go. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thankyou I will keep in touch

Thankyou

Hi Coronavirus, 

It's no problem at all. 

If you need any further information or help, pop back to us here and let us know. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs