cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After many years with Virgin and comps previous to them taking over I am so pd off I am thinking of going

isis2
Joining in

After being with Virgin for many years and comps previous I am now thinhing of going elswhere because of the way I have been treated by them recently. In Nov I was contacted on my mobile by a virgin overseas agent asking me to upgrade for a few pounds more . Although I had fairly recently upgraded my account and as I was busy at the time I agreed but wasnt quite sure what this actually was . On getting home I decided I really didnt need this and the next day I rang and cancelled it. I still kept getting messages as if it was going through and new equipment was attempted to deliver which was not received and the courier took it back.I called them twice more and was told that it was now cancelled..but no it wasnt. The deal also apparently included an O2 phone deal which I also rang and cancelled that 3 times and got an email stated this and 2 £25 payments(which I hadnt seen) to them will be refunded but hasnt... I am now receiving emails from O2 saying I will be charged extra if not paid in 3 days...I am now  at my wits end ??????` HELP PLEASE

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for joining me over private message isis2,

Glad I was able to help 🙂

Alex_Rm

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @isis2,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that there appears to be a complication with a recent upgrade that was discussed. What are the messages that you're receiving about it? When did you last discuss this with the team, and what did they advise?

Regarding the O2 number/offer, have you spoke with O2 directly to resolve that? You can reach them by calling 0344 809 0202 (or 202 from an O2 handset).

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Thanks for the reply ...I went to a O2 shop and asked them what I could and they went through the same as I had done and spoke to their help and again they wer told the same and it would be cancelled and I would get a refund in a few days so I will wait and see .  I will have a try and get back to the Virgin help people and go through it again for the the fourth time.....do you know if you can still speak to anyone in this country from Virgin like you used to be able to before .  I am certainly now  thinking that if that is the way they deal with customers I will be wondering on a change...

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @isis2 

I'm afraid there's no direct line for UK support. All calls are placed through the same IVR system and that directs the caller to the first available agent, irrespective of where they are located.

The best time to call is around 8am  when UK lines first open and are least busy, although even that won't guarantee your call will be picked up by a UK agent, there is more likelihood of that being the case..

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for coming back to us @isis2, do please keep us posted with how the call through to our team goes, and please advise us on what next steps need to be taken.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi I went to a O2 shop and spoke to them and they called the same O2 number and between us I think that I have finally got something sorted and they say they are going to finally ( 4th time...hopefully ) end it and refund me the money they have taken. I will wait and see.

As for the virgin bit I have heard nothing as yet the payment seems to be  still the new amount when I received the latest bill .......also when I go to view bill to have a look it just goes blank and thats it .  Looks like I will have to try and contact somebody for the fourth time although I was told it was cancelled previously.  As they are advertising that all payments are shortly going up I would like to get this correct before that or I will be at this forever.

Hi isis2,

Glad to hear the O2 side of things has been sorted. So I can take a look at things from our side I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for joining me over private message isis2,

Glad I was able to help 🙂

Alex_Rm

Hi Alex,  Sorry to be back again ...just a couple of queries if possible.    when I get the email of my bill it is shown as £73 to pay which is correct after your help but on reading the details it quotes my bill being £83 not £73 with a CR of £10 so paying 73 ?.  When I go to the view bill option it goes nowhwere I get nothing however long I wait.      Another strange thing is my bill goes to my gmail email not my virgin mail.    I do get my virgin emails sent to my gmail acc as well but its not that as I dont get them on virgin emails???    I cant see why I would ask for them to be only sent there... I have been with virgin since they started and took over the previous comps I was with before. 

I have also had the letter telling me about the rises coming which it says mine will go up £15.

Thanks Ian

Hi Isis2 👋 thank you to returning to this public thread for further support. 

Sorry to hear you still have some concerns regarding your billing. Any hidden credits may not show when checking your  monthly package price rate via my virgin media. However, hidden credits would appear on your billing as One-off charges & credits. You should be able to view your bills via your My Virgin Media account 👉 virg.in/myVM and a copy is also usually sent to you via email - using whichever is the contact email address on your services account. The contact email on your services account, and the email address you use to log in via My Virgin Media can be two different addresses. 

To ensure these are correct, or update them for you if needed I will send you a PM to confirm a few account details and offer further support. You can find this in your Inbox in the top right corner of the page. 📩

Regarding your price rise notification. You have received a personalised communication that will detail the specific change to your monthly charge. Price increases will vary as it will be specific to the service(s) you have. Every customer will receive an individual price rise specific to them. If you wish to discuss your increase further, you can reach us online 👉 virg.in/contactvm, by calling 150 from your Virgin Media landline, or 📞 0345 454 1111 from any other phone. 

I will return to this public thread with another update following your billing support when possible! Thanks for your patience whilst we look into things and offer help. 🌞

All the best. 

Molly