Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After changed the details, Direct Debit failed

tekinndag
On our wavelength
  • AA872F2B-E6D8-4B09-9837-50A128BDCD46.jpeg

Hi all,

I changed my DD details one week before payment date. I used new bank details.

There was enough money for payment in my Bank account. But VM didn’t charge the bill payment Today through DD. 

When I check VM app I can see my new DD detail for new bank account. Even I see VM Direct Debit information in my mobile bank application. Seems like there is no problem sides of bank and app.

But why it is failed DD?

Have you ever experienced this problem before.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

HI @tekinndag 

The info below is from the following help page

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/change-direct-debit-details 

Updating your Direct Debit details

To update your Virgin Media and/or Virgin Mobile Direct Debit details, you need to wait until your current bill has been paid in full and before we create your next bill as our systems can take a few days to create and process Direct Debit payments.

It takes a few days for our systems to create and process your Direct Debit payment, which is why you can only change your details at this time.

Why can't I update my Direct Debit details before I’ve paid my current bill?
If you want to update your details, you need to wait until your current bill has been paid in full (and before we generate your next bill) to make any changes.

It takes a few days for our systems to create and process your direct debit payment which is why you can only change your details during this window.

Once your Direct Debit payment has been collected, you’ll be able to make any change you need.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

HI @tekinndag 

The info below is from the following help page

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/change-direct-debit-details 

Updating your Direct Debit details

To update your Virgin Media and/or Virgin Mobile Direct Debit details, you need to wait until your current bill has been paid in full and before we create your next bill as our systems can take a few days to create and process Direct Debit payments.

It takes a few days for our systems to create and process your Direct Debit payment, which is why you can only change your details at this time.

Why can't I update my Direct Debit details before I’ve paid my current bill?
If you want to update your details, you need to wait until your current bill has been paid in full (and before we generate your next bill) to make any changes.

It takes a few days for our systems to create and process your direct debit payment which is why you can only change your details during this window.

Once your Direct Debit payment has been collected, you’ll be able to make any change you need.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey tekinndag,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your account payments after changing your direct debit date. Did the link provided by newapollo help to explain the situation or would you need further assistance?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Thank you so much newapollo. this information is really helpful.

Actually I afraid if it effects my credit point but I paid it same day.

Thanks and regards.

Hi Steven,

It was very useful. I will look for next month if it works

Thank you so much.

Thanks for getting back to us @tekinndag.

Have you confirmed on you online account that there's now a balance of zero before your next statement is due to be printed?  We can have a look on your behalf, if you need us to.

Regards

Lee_R

tekinndag
On our wavelength

Thank you for informing me about this.

I paid it same day myself and it looks "paid".

I realized if the bill has been created before we change the DD details, the system can not charge from new card. I hope it charges next time. 

Thanks 👍☺️

No problem @tekinndag 

If you need any further help with this or any other issues please do pop back to the community forums and we will do all we can to help.

Thank you

I've got a very similar problem I pay my bill by dd then I had to get a new card I updated my new card details but for some reason 1month didn't get paid. This was july 2022 since then I have tried paying it every way possible but its still not paid and now I'm getting letters saying I owe double the amount. I'm due a upgrade but I cant get one til this is sorted can anyone help me please 🙏 

Hi @swhitbread35 

Welcome back to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you experienced a similar issue with changing your Direct debit. We can understand the frustration caused and we want to best help. Just to clarify, how have you been trying to make payment? Have you also been in contact with our team on 0345 454 1111 since this issue occurred? If so when and what was discussed?
Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs