cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adverse Credit

vincent198526
Joining in

Good evening all. 

Im chasing some adverse credit which is hampering my mortgage application which has been rejected. 

I had an account with VM at my property which i then subsequently left. When i spoke with VM they advised me there would be a huge bill for cancelling contract early. As i wasn't able to pay this they suggested that i remain the account holder but change the payment details over to my now ex partner who continued to reside at the property. 

I supplied my ex partners bank details and VM successfully took 2 payments via DD from her bank account. I then received a call the following month from VM stating the account was in arrears by 2 months. When i contacted my ex partner she informed me VM hadn't taken the DD out for the last 2 months. When i spoke to customer services they admitted there had been a mistake on there part and they re set-up the DD. It was then successfully paid and continued to do so.  

Years on now this had ended up rejecting my mortgage. VM admitted that it was there mistake. 

I understand there is a set email to send to VM which i will do so but ideally i need this removed ASAP as it shouldnt of even been there in the 1st place. 

Is there anything VM can do to assist me please. 

I have attempted to speak with your CS reps but they are no help whatsoever unfortunately

Any more info needed please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Take care . 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @vincent198526,

Welcome to the forums and many thanks for your post. I'm so sorry to hear of the experience you've had that has impacted your credit and in turn, affected you mortgage application. I know this must be a very stressful position to be in.

Whilst we do have account access via the forums, we are unable to make amendments to any credit files. I've been able to locate the account using the details registered to forums and as you've been informed, there is nothing outstanding there which we can deal with so unfortunately this is beyond our remit.

I know you have mentioned the email address to contact - if you haven't already, then please do contact them on creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk. Whilst their SLA time is 30 days, they aim to have these enquiries dealt with much sooner and they equipped to assist you further with making this right.

Apologies again and I hope this is resolved swiftly for you.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@vincent198526 wrote:

Years on now this had ended up rejecting my mortgage. VM admitted that it was there mistake. 

I understand there is a set email to send to VM which i will do so but ideally i need this removed ASAP as it shouldnt of even been there in the 1st place. 

Do you have this "admittance" in a documentary form - i.e. letter, email, whatever - I'm only saying this to avoid the risk of your having to prove what may have been said during a verbal conversation. If you do, then you need to include this in the next stage

As you've alluded to, the process for querying alleged inaccuracies in your credit file is to email all the pertinent & appropriate details to creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk - and they will respond on a 28day basis with their findings. If they agree with there being an inaccurate entry, they should confirm that the credit reference agencies have been notified of the correction.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @vincent198526,

Welcome to the forums and many thanks for your post. I'm so sorry to hear of the experience you've had that has impacted your credit and in turn, affected you mortgage application. I know this must be a very stressful position to be in.

Whilst we do have account access via the forums, we are unable to make amendments to any credit files. I've been able to locate the account using the details registered to forums and as you've been informed, there is nothing outstanding there which we can deal with so unfortunately this is beyond our remit.

I know you have mentioned the email address to contact - if you haven't already, then please do contact them on creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk. Whilst their SLA time is 30 days, they aim to have these enquiries dealt with much sooner and they equipped to assist you further with making this right.

Apologies again and I hope this is resolved swiftly for you.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide