cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Address for cancelling

Horacethree
On our wavelength

I had problems with connection of my wifi to my devices so having raised a complaint it was agreed that they would send out a technician free of charge to move my hub to a more suitable location.  VM also agreed that if I was still not happy with the service they would honour another 14 day cancellation period. 

The technician duly attended and whilst this has help slightly I am still not happy with VM service.  I have therefore decided to cancel under the 14 day agreement.  Long and short of it do I use the cancellation slip attached to my contract and if so am I better to send it to the address in Winchester or Sunderland or for safety both?  If I don't use the slip do I simply write to the address in Sunderland quoting the complaint number and requesting cancellation?

Thanks

69 REPLIES 69

Anonymous
Not applicable

As long as your account number is provided it shouldn't make a difference.

Personally I'd call at 8am tomorrow and request it over the phone. When and if they answer they can disconnect there and then

Job done hopefully

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Horacethree, 

Thank you for reaching back out to us here on the Community. 

I can see that you have been discussing this particular issue with my colleagues via private message. Have you contacted them directly to make them aware the service has not improved and you wish to proceed with agreement to cancel the service?

Thanks, 

Nat

Hi @Natalie_L thanks for you reply.  I was not aware that I had to speak to your colleague.  I understood that the agreement was in place and if I changed my mind about VM service I could use the 14 day cancellation policy.  I will send the slip (together with a note of the complaint number and agreement) to the address shown on the cancellation slip.  I was not sure if this address was still valid as I have only seen references on the forum to the address in Sunderland - hence my question.  Thanks

Hi MrKinny thanks for your suggestion but I am not happy speaking to someone at  VM.  I will send the cancellation slip to the address on the form and have it send "signed for" so I can prove VM have received it. 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply Horacethree. 

Which address is showing on the slip please? 

Nat

Hi @Natalie_L - the address on the form is Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Winnall Down Farm, Alresford Road, Winchester, SO21 1FP. Thanks

I'm pretty sure that the Winchester address hasn't been a VM customer service address for many years now, and that the only valid service address for cancellations is Sunderland.  VM do have an embarrassing track record of moving the address for cancellation but failing to update their website or documentation (and stopping mail forwarding from the disused addresses).  If you really want to be sure of cancelling, use the Sunderland address, and in your case, if in doubt send it to both Sunderland and the Winchester address.

A pity that VM can't make it as easy to cancel as it is to sign up (which they promised Ofcom they'd do back in 2019).

Hi Horacethree, 

Thanks for taking the time to let us know. 

As the complaint resolution was given by us, you have no need to send the slip. If you just reply to Reece via Private message, he will be able to get things sorted for you without any further hassle or delays 🙂 

We wish you the best going forward with your new provider. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Andrew_G thanks for your reply. I found another thread on the forum last night about an address in Nottingham which is no longer in use.  On that thread one of the forum team said that the only correct address now is the Sunderland one.  I have sent the form to the Sunderland address this morning (before reading your reply).  I sent it by signed for first class post.  I don't think I will waste another first class stamp sending a form to an address I now believe to be incorrect.  Hopefully this will sort things out.   Thanks again for your help.