cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional feature (18)

T-Holmes
Joining in

Hi, 

I’ve been billed for an additional feature (18). Reading up it looks like it’s for adult content. The only people who have access is myself and my elderly parents who I don’t believe would have ordered this, or really understand the menus to be able to order.  

I’ve rang customer services and all they can tell me is the date this charge was added. I find it hard to believe Virgin can’t tell me what the charge was exactly (other than an on demand charge, it’s not been confirmed it’s adult content) along with which of the 2 STBs it was ordered from. 

Is anyone able to tell me more info before I embarrassingly ask my parents if they’ve been ordering adult content? 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi T-Holmes, 

Welcome to our forums and thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear you've not been able to get any clarity on this charge, as far as i understand any content over 18 no matter what it is requires the pin being put into the box.

Have you had a bill that has been produced that shows this charge? Does it not show what it is on the bill breakdown?

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Thanks for getting back to me. 

Yes, I can confirm the pin would be required as per the settings on the STB. My main aim is to get an actual title for whatever was ordered. And if possible the MAC address / serial number of the set top box it was ordered from so I can then work out which one in the house it came from.

The bills is broken down into different sections, the section titled ‘usage charges’ then breaks down with an ‘on demand charges’ section, which lists the charge amount as ‘additional feature (18)’ 

thanks again, 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

FWIW, another topic with the same issue was also logged earlier today

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/Fraudulent-Charges/m-p/4916945

Thank you for that information T-Holmes.

With regards to the till of the content, we can certainly take a look at the account to see if we can locate this. 

For the MAC address/Serial Number of the specific box that has ordered this. It is unlikely we would be able to get that information. 

What I will do now is private message you so we can get some details and pass data protection.

^Martin