cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional feature (18) incorrect billing

tafrock
Superfast

I have seen on this board other people having this issue 

I have just noticed an upcoming charge of £6.99 for this allegedly accessed on 28th may (no other details showing)

I was at work Saturday night (and Friday night) only other person in the house is my wife who assures me she has not performed a fee chargeable operation

Other threads on here have mentioned similar incorrect charges 

Can someone message me and look into this for me as I am adamant this should not be on my bill 

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mrsb71
Tuning in

The same is happening for us 3 times £6.99 for adult content on the 28th.

i rang and got told it was watched in your household.

of course I accused my husband all hell broke loose. 
this can break up marriages !

Someone needs to look look Into this and take it of our accounts as it can not be right happening to so many people at the same day and I will be seeking compensation for the implications of this major mistake 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

28 REPLIES 28

tafrock
Superfast

This appears to have also happened to me. £6.99 for additional feature (18) on the 28th may - noticed it in upcoming charges to be added to next bill . I was at work on nights on Saturday 28th may and Friday after midnight (also 28th may) 

My wife assures me she has not accessed this feature. As I have blocked all adult channels she didn't even know they were on virgin media anymore 

This has to be a billing mistake like others on here

Can someone please contact me to reverse this error

Anonymous
Not applicable

Going a little bit off topic I thought I'd see what these mysterious channels discretely coded on bills as "additional features" actually were.

Well here is the April 2022 listing

Screenshot_20220531-201150.png

 So clearly VM believe passionately in customer choice.

Most big companies profess to have corporate values so I wondered what VM reckon theirs are and how "x rated 40 plus" and the like fit in with them.

Actually pretty well as it happens. VM are apparently adventurous, insatiable curious, look for unexpected ways to delight, swerve the norms, stick up for what's right, are red hot and spirited.

Phew..

https://careers.virginmedia.com/about-us/purpose-values/

Ok this has been moved but I'd still like someone to look into it for me. There are many similar posts on the internet of Incorrect charges added to bill. I'm glad I noticed it so soon. I'll be keeping a close eye on my account in case more appear. This is an invalid charge that needs reversing 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @tafrock,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some billing issues and that you believe that you've been charged incorrectly for an Additional Feature. 

Any additional payable features can only be purchased if the TV PIN is input into the system. Was there any one else in the house who could have made this purchase? If you're unsure, I would recommend you change the TV PIN to make sure that no one else who may have guessed your PIN made this purchase.

I'm very sorry to hear that this has impacted your billing and I'll be more than happy to investigate this issue further for you to see what happened. I will send you a Private Message to confirm a few details. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Mrsb71
Tuning in

The same is happening for us 3 times £6.99 for adult content on the 28th.

i rang and got told it was watched in your household.

of course I accused my husband all hell broke loose. 
this can break up marriages !

Someone needs to look look Into this and take it of our accounts as it can not be right happening to so many people at the same day and I will be seeking compensation for the implications of this major mistake 

Yes mrsb71. You are correct . I'm just glad I was at work at the alleged purchase tine - 22:15 on the 28th so there was no way I could have watched this content

My wife is never awake at that time so I know she didn't watch it. I have been helped by paulina_z who looked into it for me. If yours is the same time as mine I suspect something is awry with virgins system. Ask someone to look into your case .

Thank you paulina_z for resolving my incorrect charge

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @tafrock,

Thank you for coming back to me via Private Message. I'm glad that I was able to help you resolve this issue. 

If there's anything else we can do to help, please get back in touch and we'll do our best to assist. 🙂

Thank you!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

@paulina could you look into my case too please 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @tafrock

Thank you for coming back to me via Private Message again! 🙂

Glad that I was able to assist with your package enquiry. You can check when your contract ends on our Contract Information page and if you'd like to discuss any package changes, please contact our team directly on 150/ 03454541111 or text us on 07533051809 to discuss this further.

Thank you! 🙂 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team