cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding my new contract to my existing account

CocoMK
Tuning in

Dear all,

I just moved in a new house. I canceled my previous contract, and opened a new one, both with VirginMedia.

I can see that my previous contract is well canceled on my online account, the broadband is perfectly working in a the house, all good...

But IMPOSSIBLE to add thr new contract (with the new numbers - account and area I believe) to my online account. I have error when I try to register this new numbers.

What can I do?

I called 10 times Virgin, and apparently they don't see or understand the issue...

Thx.

Best,

Coco

5 REPLIES 5

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @CocoMK

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear about your issue, are you trying to register a new account with the new account number? If not, please try so - what error message are you getting when you try to register the new account?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I tried but I can't...

When I register with the "new" account number, it says that this number is already linked to my email address (the one I used for the previous contract and I want to keep). So I sign in, and on my online account I can't see this "new" contract, only the previous one. It doesn't make any sense.

Best,

Coco

Thanks for getting back to us Coco,

Do you have an alternative email address you're able to register with?

If not let me know and I'll pop you over a private message, as this will need an IT ticket raising to resolve.

Alex_Rm

Hi,

Thx for replying!

No, unfortunately I want to keep my main email address as the one used for the virginmedia.

I just want virginmedia to fix this issue, and to "allow" me to link my online account with my contract.

Hi Coco, thank you for coming back to us to confirm a few details. 

As the email address you are trying to register with is still associated with your former account this is preventing you from seeing your current account information. We will need to get your email address transferred across from your former account to the current account. 
I will be able to arrange this for you, or if not we can raise an IT ticket to get this resolved. We will need to confirm a few details with you to get this sorted. I will send you a PM now to confirm a few details so we can help. 

You will find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 

We can then return to this thread with an update as soon as possible! 

All the best. 

Molly