cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a second person name on my account

EllieMac
Tuning in

Hi, my Virgin Broadband is installed at a house I rent out to tenants. I am trying to find a way of adding one of the tenant names to somewhere in the system so they can have permission to discuss directly with Virgin when there are issues with the broadband. I have had a look around but cannot find a way to do this. Does anyone know how/where I go to add the name of a person who actually uses the service and can communicate with Virgin when there are broadband issues at that house? (I don't live there, but am the bill payer/account holder.) Hope someone can help, thanks! 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus

You can't add other names to accounts. But you can ask VM to note the account records that third party is authorised to deal with the account on your behalf. The VM staff here will explain how when they reach this thread in a couple of days or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

25 REPLIES 25

HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus

You can't add other names to accounts. But you can ask VM to note the account records that third party is authorised to deal with the account on your behalf. The VM staff here will explain how when they reach this thread in a couple of days or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks, I've tried calling VM but get into loopedy loops of automated phone systems and can't find any route through to anything that helps. I understand in these strange Covid times it is difficult, so hope someone from VM will get back to me so I can add a tenant (or 2) name.

Hi EllieMac,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry you haven't been able to sperak to us to add a 3rd party note on the account.

So I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul, thanks for getting back to me. I have DM you. Thanks

Hi Folks,

Is there a way we can arrange to do this online with someone in support via chat ? It's extremely difficult to use the phone system to get through to support, but if someone can talk to me via chat, all I want to do is confirm that Virgin Media can speak to my wife about the Account. The preceding note suggests that all the VM staff have to do is take a note of my account and my wife's name. Is that something you can do electronically ?

Thanks Ian

Hello ian_mcgaughrin,

If you're the account holder and can pass security with us, we can add a note onto your account for your wife. However please note that even if you've given permission, some changes on your account can only be done by the account holder.

I'll send you a Private Message so I can help you with the note, please reply back to it 🙂

Thanks,

Lisa

Thanks for the details via Private Message @ian_mcgaughrin . Please remember that some activities are still account holder only and I've updated your details with your request.

Thanks

Lisa

I would also like to add some names on to my account, can you please help?

thanks

Thanks for your post and reaching out to the Community Forums, sammymogal1,

Are you meaning second email account/s mailboxes? You can do this from your online account under Manager Accounts. You can also find out more here,

Cheers,

Corey C