cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actively misled regarding new contract and services

dada_ran
Tuning in

Hi, having called customer services on Tues 7th Feb as my contract was to end on the 10th March, I was offered a new deal to keep me on as a customer. 

This would mean I would retain my existing services:

Ultimate Ooomph - Full TV with 2 boxes, 1GB Broadband, Phone, Virgin Sim

And move to:

Ultimate Volt Bundle - Full TV with 2 boxes, 1G Broadband, Phone, O2 Sim.

With an agreed discount. Subsequently recieved an email contract the same day which didn't reflect what was agreed and had removed the sim.

I called back on Tues and was assured that it would be resolved as it was clear in the notes what had been offered.

A second email contract was sent today Wed's 8th which again did not reflect what had be offered and agreed. The sim had been removed and the full agreed discount not applied.

I called again today and was told that the sim was no longer offered as part of any bundle - clearly not the case as it is still advertised. I indicated it was not what was agreed and I did not accept the contract and would like to end my services based on my prior contract end date. The rejected contract has subsequently been marked as accepted!!

What on earth is going on? It seems that virgin media colleagues have actively misled/lied to me. What are my options to resolve this? Calling 150 obviously doesn't appear to be the way to go.

4 REPLIES 4

Redman561
Joining in

Hello matey, I have total sympathy with you on calling 150...it is so hit and miss... Some operators seem to be reliant on reading a scripted answer and if your query does not conform to a scripted answer they struggle. You occasionally you get someone who does not require scripted answers, but they are few and far between. With any luck you may get a lovely lady called Susan (NI accent) as when I had to query an issue from a call with a script reliant person she solved the problem in 5 mins rather than the hour I had previously spent on the phone... Good luck and best wishes on getting a positive outcome. 

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @dada_ran, thanks for your post although I'm sorry you're having problems with your new contract.

I'm going to pop you a PM so I can get a bit more specific with the details here in a private forum, so please expect this message in due course and reply directly!

Many thanks

Tom_W

ccfcsj
Dialled in

This is exactly the same issue as I'm having and have raised both a complaint and a different post on here - Virgin are definitely getting worse

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ccfcsj,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm very sorry to hear that you've had the same issue as the poster. I can understand how frustrating this must have been for you.

I can see that you have posted on our Community Forums again in regards to your ongoing issue. Our team will be able to come back to you on that thread as soon as we can and help you resolve this. 

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs