cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation cost

cantona2
Joining in

Virgin media package installed 2 days ago,and all seems ok.Package is the oomph bundle that seems to be top of the range,all singing and dancing version.On requesting the package,all advertising indicated that a free set up and instalation,would be included ,clearly indicating a saving of £35.00.This seems to have been a time limited offer ending 23 June.As i agreed to the offer 10 June,with an original installation date of 22 June,I was under the impression that I would Qualify for this discount.I also received a discount offer of £50.00 off fist bill.Job a gud un me thinks.

Then the problems start.Firstly installaion date put back 1 week to 29 June.Not a great problem but a bit of inconveinient rearranging had to be done.Then I receive contract that indicated £50 rebate applied,luvly jubly,but £35 ACTIVATION fee added,therefore reducing the rebate to £15.

To me,this £35 fee seems to be the £35 fee that on the initial sign up advertising was clearly indicated as a saving on the package and free of charge.

Any views/help would be appreciated. 

6 REPLIES 6

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @cantona2,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thank you for posting.

I am sorry to hear you have been charged the activation fee when you were led to believe it would be a free set up. 

I will pop you a PM now so we can grab some details and take a closer look into this for you. 

Speak soon.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming the details as requested Michael. 

I have consulted with a colleague and also checked your account and can see you have been advised the £35 activation fee is a valid charge, 

The installation itself will have been free but the would always be a separate activation fee that we would charge. 

Kind Regards 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Can you please respond to my last message 1 hour ago

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

staff may have signed off for the day - you can try retentions and see if they will remove the charge

you are in the 14 day cooling off period so you can cancel or threaten to cancel which may concentrate minds

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - options 1 - 4 - 4 [or was] - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Sorry for the delay @cantona2

I had signed off for the day and only just picked up your PM now.

Will respond right away 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @cantona2

Thanks for taking the time out to speak with me via PM and I am glad that we could get things sorted for you 😄

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team