cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation Fee

Venny90
Tuning in

I signed up to a new 18 month contract. The advert stated that there would be no activation fee. Upon receiving my contract, the £35 activation fee was listed. I immediately called, the lady on the phone agreed with me, approved adding extra credit to my bill to account for the mistake. Since then, I have called a further 4 times being told that the credit will added, a manager will respond in 72 hours, give it 48 hours the credit will appear.

I have already had my first bill go out, the next bill has been generated, and the credit is still not there. I proved that the activation fee was waived in the first call. I've called a total 5 times so far, each time I tell them to read my account notes instead of explaining anything. They get back to me immediately and go fair enough, we will add the credit. It will go through this time, etc. And it never does!

It isn't the customer service agents fault at all, as they do everything they can, but for some reason the credit doesn't get applied at all. Is there anyone who can help with this matter? I'm a bit lost, and rather not call in again and hear the some thing again.

17 REPLIES 17

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @Venny90 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am really sorry to hear that you have had these issues. 

Could you let me know how you signed up to the upgrade? Was this via the call centre or online? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

I signed up via the website, where there was a huge banner confirming there was no activation fee, and it stated explicitly on the offer as well. Luckily when the contract came through the offer was still ongoing, so it was easy for the customer service agent to confirm. I have screenshots of the offer just in case as well. I have uploaded them onto this forum account but they are awaiting approval.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for confirming that for me. 

I am going to pop you over a PM so that I can get some account information and we can go from there. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

I was told this issue would be resolved in the next bill. I had two mods from here confirm that the activation fee would be waived. It still hasn't been included, even after all the assurances I received that they can see it on the account, etc. Seriously, what on earth is going on?

Corey_C

Hi Venny90, 

The forum members that you have private messaged will be looking into this billing query for you.

Cheers,

Corey C

This issue has been ongoing from literally the start of this contract some months ago. I've contacted numerous customer service agents, and the two mods on here. Every single one assured me the issue would be resolved in the next bill, the next bill, and the next bill. At this point I don't know whether to believe anyone is going to fix this 😑

Hi @Venny90,

I assure you that my colleague will respond to you via private message in due course which is where we'll assist you going forward.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I've been patient for 4 months trying to get a refund of £35. I've not had a response yet from the mods, and my new bill has already been generated meaning you can't even apply the fix until the next bill cycle. The problem is, this cycle keeps repeating itself, I don't see how you are going to fix it. Otherwise it would have been done from the start...

Hi Venny90, thanks for contacting us and I am sorry to hear that the billing issue has not been resolved over a period of several months. I will send you a private message so that this can be looked into further for you. - Chris.