Menu
Roestudent
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Activation Fee charged twice

Hello,

I just found my first bill online, and it had the amount I expected, but plus a £20 charge in the 'Other fees, charges & credits' section.

When I first got my hub, I collected it in store, and my mum paid the activation fee. But now I am being charged again for the fee despite it should have been paid 4 weeks ago.

Is there any way to sort this out? I'm a university student and cant really afford to pay another £20 on top of the two month charge.

I tried contacting the online chat but they aren't available at the moment...

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roestudent
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Activation Fee charged twice

EDIT:

I realised that the first fee paid when I originally collected the box from the store was £25, but I'm being charged the activation fee for £20. Does this mean it is two different things?

I had an engineer come round because our hub wasn't connecting, the person on the phone reassured us that it was free though, but could the fee be this?

I'm just quite confused where this surprise fee has come from in all honesty.

Thank you again.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The £25 was a deposit.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey Roestudent.

Check that first bill.

Do you see a payment for £25?

That should be on there too.

If not you need to look into this with the billing team.

The activation would not physically charge until after the services are actually activated. Till that time the charge is pending.

The advance payment of £25 is standard sales practice. It helps offset the charge levied on the first bill and helps the customer as a first bill is generally 2 months plus install or activation costs so paying this upfront helps budget balance the billing.

Try saying that after a few gins lol....budget balance the billing....🤣🤣

Hope this helps!

Kaz

Ex VM employee. Just here to help Smiley Happy
Roestudent
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

ohhh okay, that makes sense thank you!

The £25 isnt on there, could this be because I used a different card than what is linked up for the direct debit for my bill? My mum offered to pay the £25 fee for me is all! Do you by chance have the contact details for the billing team so that I could work out what has happened?

Thank you so much again for clearing it all up! I don't think I could say all that after a few gins though Smiley Wink :')

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Not the strength I pour them lovely 😉

Yep if you have a landline with VM ring 150, if not ring 0345 454 1111.

You can pick option 1 then option 4. It will say for Direct Debits but it will get you through to an agent. 

Good luck 😊

Kaz

Ex VM employee. Just here to help Smiley Happy