Menu
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Re: Registration for Virgin Media

HI Strayducks, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm really sorry that you're impacted by this issue and I can appreciate you're keen to get an account set up. 

Our team is working really hard to sort this out and as soon as we have any further updates then it will be posted here

I'm confident we'll have it sorted soon. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
albohartley
Joining in
Message 12 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Registering for online account problems

Hi, we have recently moved over to virgin (last monday) and I would like to be able to use the Virgin connect app. However, when I try to register my online account I get an error message saying that virgin are currently performing essential work on their systems. This has been the case everyday now for the past week. Is there any ETA on this being resolved, or is the error message i'm seeing incorrect. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Re: Registering for online account problems

Hello, 

We are aware that this is impacting some customers as as such have a dedicated Forum post with help and information. Any updates will also be posted there:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Unable-to-register-for-online-accou....

Thanks for your continued patience. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
albohartley
Joining in
Message 14 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Re: Registering for online account problems

Ahh, cheers Katie!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
DavidJ63
Tuning in
Message 15 of 46
Flag for a moderator

cannot register account

My broadband was set up on the 7th June 2019 and I've been trying to register ever since but keep getting the following message 'We're doing some essential work on our systems'!!!

I can't believe your site can be down that long for maintenance, please advise?

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Re: cannot register account

Hi DavidJ63, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry to hear you're having this issue, I can appreciate you're keen to get this sorted. 

We're currently having an issue setting up new online accounts, our team are working very hard to resolve this and once we have an update it will be posted here

I'm sure it will be sorted soon. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
VMex63
Joining in
Message 17 of 46
Flag for a moderator

We're currently having an issue setting up new online accounts, our team are working very hard to resolve this and once we have an update it will be posted here

I have clicked the link above labelled as 'here'. It reported that 'Page not found". Could you please ensure that a correct link is given as I am having the same issue and waiting for the 'good news'?.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 18 of 46
Flag for a moderator

I've just tried the link and it's working fine, can you try another browser or try it this way? 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Unable-to-register-for-online-accou....

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
waccoe1975
Just joined
Message 19 of 46
Flag for a moderator

registering

Hi dont know if this is the right place but i have had virgin installed for 5 days , i need to register my account to do things , but for the last 5 days where you get username to sign in and register , it has been  this "We're doing some work on My Virgin Media at the moment as part of an upgrade to provide you with an even better service." now does it take 5 days ? surely they should be another way to sign up or is it a sign of the customer service that ive heard all the horror storys about , or god help these tech guys dont help you with issues , as at the moment i cant turn off web safe kids safe or whatever it is that stops alot of the sites

waccoe1975
Just joined
Message 20 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Re: cant register on virgin media

im in the same boat been trying 5 days cant do some things online unless i use mobile data if by day 13 its still down i will cancel and go back to sky shouldnt take a week to make changes to a register site 

0 Kudos