Menu
Highlighted
frasreid
Joining in
Message 3 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Account registration

Hi.

I signed up for virgin broadband & telephone on Tuesday 11/06/19. My services are being connected on the 20th.

I have my account number and area code and have been trying since Wednesday to register my account to no avail.

Each time I attempt to register, I get the following displayed.

Important information about My Virgin Media

We're doing some essential work on our systems.

We're doing some work on My Virgin Media at the moment as part of an upgrade to provide you with an even better service.

We're sorry this part of the site isn’t available at the moment. Everything will be back to normal again soon, so please come back and try again shortly.

Email isn't affected, so you can send and receive messages as normal.

If your email address ends in @virginmedia.com click here
If your email address ends in @ntlworld.com click here
If your email address ends in @blueyonder.co.uk click here
If your email address ends in @virgin.net click here

You can also still pay bills online.

Make a payment

Got a query about our products, services or ways to pay? Just visit Help and support to find the answer

I would have thought thatvif this was a fault or "essential work" a company the size of Virgin Media would not have an essential system down for fhis length of time ??

Can anyone offer any advice or assistance please.

Thank you

Gromit25
Tuning in
Message 1 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Unable to register account

Hi we signed up for a Virgin Media package which was installed three days. Since them we’ve attempted to register our account without any success. 

Every-time we attempt to register the website is shown as being down due to essential maintenance. It seems strange that it has been down for four days now.

I signed up to Virgin Media to a nice sales lady after Virgin Media came to our area. Prior to installation the only corespondents that I had was via text message. The engineer left the details of my account number. Apart from that I have no details of my account.

Can you help in getting my account registered as I urgently need to get into and manage my account 

Kind Regards

G

Olief1986
Just joined
Message 2 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Registration page not available

Does anyone know when customers will be able to register for the my virgin media account app as it has been saying down for maintenance for a week? Not a good first impression for a new customer

Gromit25
Tuning in
Message 4 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to register account

Further to the above I was on the phone to VirginMedia for over 30 minutes. The kind lady was UNABLE to resolve my issue. Further to that I have been informed that they have the wrong Email address which they are unable to change.
Website still down to register.

Gets better I don’t have amazing broadband speed. It’s no better than my original provider I was told that I could have a booster for an extra £3 a month...really

Still gets better all my appliance drop off the WiFi so you are permanently have to re-establishment connection.

Thinking of getting rid of VirginMedia
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Re: Registration page not available

Hi Olef1986, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm really sorry that you're impacted by this issue we're currently having, I know it's not ideal or the best start. 

Our team are working hard to resolve it and once we have further updates we'll post them here

I'm confident we'll have it sorted soon. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 31
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Account registration

Hi frasreid, welcome to our community forums.

We are aware of an issue preventing customers from registering their accounts and are currently looking into getting this fixed as soon as possible.

We have a sticky post on our forums regarding this which will be updated as soon as we have any further information. Unable To Register for MyVM

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
strayducks
Joining in
Message 7 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Registration for Virgin Media

Hi, I have been a Virgin customer for about a week and have been trying to register for Virgin Media ever since. Keep getting a message that says " we are doing some essential work on our systems " please try later.

When is this work going to be completed so that I can set up my log in details.

Karl

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to register on My Virgin Media App

Hi Dodger0207, welcome to our community forums.

We're aware of an issue where some customers are unable to create their online account. We are working to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

We have a sticky post on our forums regarding this and will update the post when we have any further updates.

Unable to Register For MyVM

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problem registering with my Virgin Media

Hi Niblix, welcome to our  forums.

We're aware of an issue where some customers are unable to create their online account. We are working to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

We have a sticky post on our forums regarding this and will update the post when we have any further updates.

Unable to Register For MyVM

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Re: Registration

Hi Liz_S, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

We're really sorry you're having this issue, I can appreciate you're keen to get an account created. 

We're currently aware of the issue and once we have more information or the issue is resolved then it will be posted here

I'm confident you'll be able to set your account up soon. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos