cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account problems

Sarah199
Tuning in

I have had my internet installed for a number of weeks now. 
My laptop is not allowing me to search on most pages so wanted to check the web safe settings with my Virgin broadband. 

I have tried to log on to my account. It says it doesn’t recognise my email or password. So I try to reset my password and it says I should use the email my account was created with… but this is it!!!! I get all my Virgin emails to this email account. I have tried to register as a new account and I have the account number and area number to hand, but none of this is working! 

5980AD68-1A92-4A1E-82FF-50F1953B5AEF.png

Please help, I can’t access anything I need to for my job because of this!!!! 

5 REPLIES 5

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Sarah199,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear you're having some trouble accessing your My Virgin Media online account. What happens exactly when you attempt to register for an online account?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach

it says the email isn’t recognised with an account. 

when I try to recover my password with the account number and area code in my order email it says it can’t find my details with the information provided. 

😭

thank you 

Sarah 

Hi @Sarah199,

If the email address isn't recognised against an account then you'll be able to register with it as it's not already in use. This would also explain why you can't recover details for an account it doesn't recognise.

Can you please try registering for a My Virgin Media online account and let us know how you get on?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach

it says this:

CDEEE58B-69A3-418B-BD40-6F8DD6402DDF.png

I used  to be a customer for a separate property approx 3 years ago and ended my contract then, but this is what it comes up with. 

What do I do?

Thank you 

Sarah 

Hi @Sarah199,

If you were a customer with us at a previous property in the past then it's possible that it's referring to your old account and preventing you from setting up an online account for your current package.

So that I can take a closer look and assist you further, I'm going to send you a private message. Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team