cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account number and area ref missing

Grahammatcham
Joining in

Hi,

Hope someone can help me, been trying to get the fixed since joining in November!  The app and my online account are missing my account number and area ref which means I’ve still never seen an invoice.  Been trying to contact virgin via their website and WhatsApp but just keep getting nowhere.

Thanks

18 REPLIES 18

Hi Robert, yes I was a virgin media customer over 5 years ago and have since moved house.

Thanks for coming back to us Grahammatcham, do you have the My Virgin Media app?

If you do, please can you check to see if the area code and account number is visible on there, you can find this by clicking on the person icon on the top right. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Yep I can see it there but if I select account settings from the app it sends you to the web where they are missing.

It should also be on the original contract received.

Rob

What do you mean?  I know what they are, they are missing from my online account and it’s not possible for me to add them.

Hi Grahammatcham, thanks for the reply. 

Can you increase the digit by one on the last digit on the old account number and use the old site ID to see if anything changes?

Chris. 

Sorry am not sure what you mean, I don’t know my old account number anymore… what do you mean by old site id?

Hi Grahammatcham 👋 

Sincerest apologies for any confusion here! You should only need your new account information to register with my Virgin Media 👉 virg.in/myVM and to my understanding from this thread you have already registered, you are just having issues viewing your account number and site ID within My VM. 

I'm going to send you a PM to confirm a few details so i can offer further support with this. 

I will be interested to know if you have ever previously used the email address you are using to log in, with a former services account with us?

And also, if you ever received a verification email upon registering for My VM with your current account?

If you can let me know the answer to these questions in your PM reply, and I will offer further support. We can return to this public thread with an update when possible! Thank you for your patience in the meantime. 
Wishing you all the best 🌞

Molly

Hi All 👋 just returning to this public thread to keep it updated! 

Thanks to Grahammatcham for PMing with me. 📨 I was able to confirm a few details and get this sorted after raising an IT ticket to get their email address linked to their current services account. 

They now have access to My VM again!  🥳

I'm glad to have helped get this resolved. Please let us know if there is anything else you need. 
Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly