cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account number and area ref missing

Grahammatcham
Joining in

Hi,

Hope someone can help me, been trying to get the fixed since joining in November!  The app and my online account are missing my account number and area ref which means I’ve still never seen an invoice.  Been trying to contact virgin via their website and WhatsApp but just keep getting nowhere.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Grahammatcham,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with creating your online account, your account number and area reference should have been in the welcome email that should have been sent after you signed up. Do you have that email at all?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

18 REPLIES 18

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Grahammatcham,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with creating your online account, your account number and area reference should have been in the welcome email that should have been sent after you signed up. Do you have that email at all?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks for replying Steven,

yep all email correspondence have the account number and area ref it’s just missing in my online account.

Thanks for coming back to us Grahammatcham, your account number and area reference should show on the account settings page, have you checked there?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

I have, they are blank and I can’t add them myself???

Hi @Grahammatcham,

I see. Would you mind clearing your cache and cookies along with disabling any ad blockers and giving it another try?

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zack,

Logged in via google incognito and in my account settings still 2 blank fields… See pic below.  It’s the same on the app too and I’ve already re downloaded that still both are blank.

cheers,

43775E49-1F67-44CC-B132-35B5AE5018C2.png

Hi @Grahammatcham,

I do apologise, but can you also try with a different browser and a different device if at all possible? I'm just trying to narrow down if this is being caused by something specific for you.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I’ve tried it on:

iPhone: safari and chrome 

MacBook Pro Ventura: chrome 

windows 10: edge chrome 

still no account no or area ref, only tried the app on my iPhone, the app does show my account no and area ref in the header but when you choose account settings from the app it sends you to the web and it’s there that it’s missing.  The app just says we are setting things up come back later.  When I get invoices sent to my email with the link to view the invoice once clicked it redirects to the web and I get an error.

If I go the my billing/my bills I get no bills error.

DEC64133-664E-4AF0-AEF2-2AFD2BB9F1C9.jpeg

Something must be wrong with my web account…

thanks 

Hi @Grahammatcham 

Thanks for your reply, that is strange and I do apologise. 

Have you ever disconnected with us and re-joined, or moved addresses while with us recently as both instances can create a new account number and potentially be the reason behind this glitch?

Thanks

Rob