cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account management

surprise164
Tuning in

I’m trying to manage my account online via the app, but I keep getting redirected to web browser then this message. This happens when I log in on my computer as well - in both Safari and Chrome. Virgin guy on the phone couldn’t help. So bad - this is the 3rd issue I’ve had in 3 weeks and all I get is people who can’t/don’t want to do anything. Of course the cooling off period has passed.

24206D6C-8015-4487-A683-91277C02A928.png

15 REPLIES 15

Thank you Jodi. No not on mates rates or top tier so I am not sure why the issue is occurring. I will check again once the current contract expires and see if that makes any difference.

BTW the link you placed gets a 404

Page not found

The requested page "/existing." could not be found.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Dratuk 

Join the club 😄

I've always had the oops error on my account when looking to upgrade or recontract, irrespective of whichever browser I use, clearing cookies, or the package I'm on. The odd time I see a window with a messenger icon  which prompts me to chat with an agent. 

It's because you (and I) either already have a discount and the systems require an extra bit of manipulation by the agents to set up any new discounts, or because the package is no longer sold and again requires the extra manipulation by agents to change the package.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi newapollo 

Many thanks indeed for the help an explanation. Dear Heavens I was hoping to avoid the agents but hey ho.

Thanks again I appreciate you taking the time and effort to respond.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Dratuk 

I suggest you call now as you are in the last 30 days of your current deal. if you wait until it expires you will be paying full price for a few days (every penny helps nowadays)

Just call up at 8am when lines first open and are least busy.

You are also more likely to speak to an agent based in the UL at this time (although they might be suffering from a hangover if it's the weekend)

Choose option 4 - thinking of leaving - (Retentions) 

Retentions are generally based in the UK and do far more than cancellations. They have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents should you wish to negotiate a new deal rather than just cancel. 

Before you do speak to them do a little of homework. See what prices other providers offer, and have those figures handy to use as a negotiating weapon..

Also check out the current VM prices and what's available on the following page <<< Here >>>  Remember you won't qualify for the new customer price but you should get something in between that and the out of contract price.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali