cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account login

Elephantae
Tuning in
Spoiler
I have power of attorney for my nan and am trying to go onto her account . I was sent a letter confirming I can access her account and a password but I cannot log in. When I try to set up an account with her account number it days sorry you are leaving?!
Spoiler

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you have power-of-attorney over your Nan's affairs? If not, VM staff are going to be inevitably tied to not discussing her account with a third party.

The most you can otherwise hope for is that she calls VM, passes account security then verbally authorises you to act on her behalf. Even then, contractual changes may not be allowed.

Package changes aren't in the remit of forum staff here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Elephantae,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Apologies for the issues faced, just so we can investigate this further I've dropped you a PM.

The message will appear within the purple envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain

Elephantae
Tuning in

How do I speak to someone about the extortionate amount my 87 year old nan is being charged each month. She has fallen victim to not getting the best price by signing up each year.  

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you have power-of-attorney over your Nan's affairs? If not, VM staff are going to be inevitably tied to not discussing her account with a third party.

The most you can otherwise hope for is that she calls VM, passes account security then verbally authorises you to act on her behalf. Even then, contractual changes may not be allowed.

Package changes aren't in the remit of forum staff here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hello yes I have power of attorney, have just got access to her account online and shocked at what she is being charged

Is there anybody who I can contact online regarding this. I cannot see a chat function on the website 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What aspect is it that you want to discuss?

Is it that you want to renegotiate her package with a view to a new 18month minimum term? Either call in (0345 4541111 or 150 from a VM phone) or use the WhatsApp chat function if so.

Ultimately, the choice to remain on a legacy package would not have been of VM's making - your Mum isn't the first, and won't be the last, to remain out of contract on standard pricing long after the minimum term has expired.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Elephantae It looks as if two different threads have been merged leading to a bit of confusion.  

You would be best placed to respond to the private message sent to you by @Kain_W  to progress this issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Thsnk you , I did but got no reply. I have now tried to start a WhatsApp chat abd waiting for an agent to respond. Thank you