cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account issues

Toploader
Joining in

Hi 

I left VM for around a month and then resubscribed and I used my same blueyonder account credentials which were working ok for the last couple of months.

I have tried to login to webmail and VM account and I can no longer access them. I spoke to someone on the phone and they said I had to re-register my account again although they could see my email address was linked to my account.  I'm dubious about doing this as I'd like to keep my old blueyonder email address if possible anyway I did try and register again with the site but it said you can't use a blueyonder email address to register.

Is there anyway for the two accounts to be linked so I can keep my old blueyonder account which I assume has been deactivated?

2 REPLIES 2

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Email accounts are closed 90 days after the linked broadband account is closed.  Whilst you might get lucky if the forum staff can escalate a ticket to VM's IT people asking to recover the account and restore it to the new broadband account, I'd not hold out any hope personally.  VM are slowly getting out of hosting email accounts, and new customers can't open NTL, BY or VM email accounts, so why would they want to go fishing in corporate backup files like this? Moreover, because the email service is outsourced, and recovering a customer email account is probably a non-standard service under the SLA, chances are that doing this costs several hundred quid for each ticket.  Whilst legacy email accounts work (mostly) for customers who have a broadband account, even for those the writing is in the wall, by my reckoning

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Toploader,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your account at the moment, I can get this looked into to see if we can restore your email address to your account but to do this I would need to take a few details via private message to do so. Please look out for my private message and we can get started.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L