cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account holder permission

Lissk
Just joined

Do virgin media need verbal or written permission from the account holder to confirm someone else can speak on behalf of them in regards to the account?

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Lissk 

When speaking to VM you can ask for another person to be added to your account to speak on your behalf, however they won't be able to make any changes to your account, or cancel it. If they contact VM then they will aslo need to kinow the memorable word (password) associated with your account in order to pass verification.

If you yourself dial VM and pass verification then you can ask the agent to allow another person with you at that time to spoeak on your behalf, but again, they won't be able to make any changes to your account, or cancel it. In order to do either of those actions the phone would need to be passed back to the account holder to  confirm they are happy to proceed with the desired actions.

There is extra support available if the account holder has given POA to a named person.

Details available under the Extra Support > Power of Attorney section on the following page.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/accessibility 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi @Lissk

Welcome to the community forums. 

If a 3rd party wishes to speak on the account they must be able to pass the memorable word as advised above. This word was created on the account when the service was registered to be installed. 

If the account holder can no longer manage their account and need a request for power of attorney you can find all this information on where to send this request here. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley