Menu
shoos
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Account help-website services are abysmal

So my Virgin bill comes in and it’s £13 more than last month.

I go to the website to start a live chat and then wonder how a company this size can be this bad at customer service:

1. live chat takes me straight to the appallingly bad chat bot who gives basic a bad name
  2. I type I want to speak to an agent-“ oh this is serious, what do you want to complain about?”
  3. i get through to an agent(an actual person) who redirects me to the message service for billing
  4. the message service states responses aren’t immediate so I can get on with my day, I can’t get on with my day until someone talks to me about this issue
  5. anyway, 6 hours later and still no response to my message

if I don’t want to talk to someone over the phone how do I go about sorting this out? Every other utility company I deal with is all online without any issues. Yet every time I need to do something with Virginmedia it’s just a total hassle

any virgin people online who can offer assistance would be greatly appreciated

thanks

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Account help-website services are abysmal

What does your bill, when compared with last month, attribute the increase to?

In my experience, every bill explains when discounts, either welcome discounts or loyalty discount, drop off. This is the normal reason for such increases.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
shoos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Ernie_C wrote:

What does your bill, when compared with last month, attribute the increase to?

In my experience, every bill explains when discounts, either welcome discounts or loyalty discount, drop off. This is the normal reason for such increases.

Hi Ernie,

Thanks for responding, yes it’s a deal agreed last year in the same circumstances coming to an end. Every year is the same tortured process of dealing with Virgin, the only time I ever deal with them.

this year they appear to have gone out of their way to make all means of contact other than a phone call impossible. As someone who finds talking on the phone incredibly uncomfortable, as all companies invariably will try and sell me something I neither want or need. I am able to deal with all other companies electronically and was hoping as in previous years I could sort this out through live chat.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there shoos, 

Thanks for posting - sorry that you've had some issues getting in touch with us to chat about your billing query. 

It sounds like a discount has come to an end from what you have advised above - is that correct? 

If so, our Customer Care team can assist you with this; they can check for any new offers or deals or they can help explain your account/package for you. 

There is no reason as to why our Live Chat team cannot assist you with this - we also offer a Text Message service who can assist you. (The text team cannot assist with payments or retention (cancellation)

They can be contacted by texting 07533051809. They're open  Monday - Friday 8am  - 8pm, Weekends 8am - 6pm.

If you are still struggling to get the help you need, please do let us know what you need assistance with in regards to the bill and we'll do all we can to help you out. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos