cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account closure

Joedzn
Tuning in

Hello,

We have recently filled out a my rates form to transfer our account into my brothers name and apply the discount, the results in our account being closed, the question i have is as follows,

Do we have to pay an early disconnection fee as we are transferring during the contract period,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to me. 

I have just spoken to my manager regarding this,  he is happy for me to pass DPA and discuss this further.  You can find the PM via the purple envelope on the top right of the screen. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The "Transfer of Responsibility" facility that I think you're referring to, is only available in cases of bereavement these days.

I'm unsure whether Mates Rates scenarios are an exception.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I believe that the form we have filled in closes our current account and creates a new one in my brothers name, we received a disconnection email and a new connection activation email

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Joedzn 

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

All this information is available to the employee, it is business sensitive information and therefor we wouldn't be able to provide you with an answer via the forums. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Thanks for the prompt reply,

He has been unable to find any information regarding a disconnection fee, hence why I came here, we are currently in a contract, expiring in september next year, would we therefore be liable to pay the outstanding on the contract.

regards, 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to me. 

I have just spoken to my manager regarding this,  he is happy for me to pass DPA and discuss this further.  You can find the PM via the purple envelope on the top right of the screen. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M