cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Transfer in Shared Student Accommodation

bezzahz
Joining in

I am having to move out of shared student accommodation and I cannot find any useful information about account transfers beyond if I was dead or were married to the person I want to transfer the account to.

I would simply like to transfer the account over to a different tenant that will continue to live at the property, rather than having to pay the enormous cancellation fee and lose our student discount, when it is only me out of the five people living there that won't be using it.

I understand that it is my fault for setting the bills up in my name, however I did not intend to leave the property before the minimum period was over and me leaving is due to serious medical reasons I cannot change. 

I have tried to call customer support but any time I eventually make it to being put on hold, I get hung up on after 20 minutes of waiting.

Any advice is greatly appreciated! 🙂 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Transfer of responsibility is no longer available.

You have two choices.

1. Cancel and bear the early disconnection charges.

2. Trust one of your flat mates to pay until the end of the contract period and then you cancel, giving 30 days notice.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Transfer of responsibility is no longer available.

You have two choices.

1. Cancel and bear the early disconnection charges.

2. Trust one of your flat mates to pay until the end of the contract period and then you cancel, giving 30 days notice.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks