Menu
anechk
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Account Transfer didn't go through

Hi there!

Over a month ago I requested to transfer my Virgin Media broadband account to my housemate as I was getting ready to move out of the property (and the country). We were told on the phone that we need to e-mail accounttransfers@virginmedia.co.uk with all requested documentation attached, which we did but did not hear anything back. 5 e-mails from myself and the housemate later the account hasn't been transferred, none of our e-mails have even been acknowledged, I have also tried e-mailing webteam@virginmedia.co.uk but my e-mail bounced back due to the fact that 'their mailbox was full'.'

I now have 2 overdue bills on my account including 'late payment charges' but I have moved out of the house and the country before they came through so they should have been communicated to the new account holder. Virgin Media is not replying to our e-mails and when we finally manage to get through over the phone they keep saying we need to e-mail 'account transfers'. It's a nightmare!!!!

If anyone could help or suggest anything I would highly appreciate,

Thanks in advance, 

Anna

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Account Transfer didn't go through

Hi anechk,

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you've had an issue with the account transfer. You'll need to call the team on 150 // 03454541111 and we can email you a Transfer of Responsibility form, and then this can take upto 31 days to go through, before the account transfers to your housemate's name. One thing to note, how long has the house mate lived at this address?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
anechk
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

We have done all of that. Called, got given an e-mail address, e-mailed them the forms, was told this takes maximum 15 days (so it also says on the website). This should have been done by now. Nobody has even acknowledged receipt of any of our e-mails (neither initial ones nor follow ups). I am not in the UK anymore and cannot afford to call and spend hours on hold and be put through from one department to another again and again - this is beyond ridiculous. Is anyone even ever checking account transfer e-mail inbox or is it a creative way of charging people extra fees for no reason??!! Is there a complaint e-mail address I could use??
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Good Morning anechk,

I'm terribly sorry to see that you've been struggling to change the name of the account over.

Please click this link to fill out the form and you can send this via E-Mail or post - Change Name on my Account

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

0 Kudos
anechk
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

As I said, David, we have filled out this form and sent it 5 TIMES!!!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi anechk,

I can certainly appreciate your frustration and sincerely apologise for any inconvenience or frustration this has caused. I really would have expected this to be sorted for you by now.

Could you please confirm how long your housemate has lived at the property? This would have an impact as to whether or not we could complete the requested transfer.

Unfortunately, this isn't a process we're able to complete via these forums, so you'd need to give us a call on 150 / 03454541111. You can also reach us on +447953967967 from abroad. However, we are happy to advise as far as we're able regarding the standard process.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos