Menu
Kmbmcadam
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Account Refund

Hi I cancelled by Virgin package on the 8th of October giving a 30 day notice period as required. My broadband and Tv service ended in the 8th of November and the phone line switched on the 14th. On the 19th of November a payment was taken from my account for a full months billing. I have spoken to someone today who has said it may be up to 45 days after my account closing (which they said was the 25th of November! ) I am at a loss to understand why it takes so long for a refund? The person I spoke to couldn’t explain either. Once the account is closed and no services provided what is the hold up? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Account Refund

VM send a cheque for a refund 30-35 days after, and it can take 10 days in the entire postal system.

Its their policy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Kmbmcadam
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

10 days in the postal system!  where’s the cheque being posted from Pluto? It didn’t really answer the question of why Virgin retain credit for the length of time it does. Once it is clear their is no money owing on the account and services have ceased the cheque should be sent out and the account closed. 10 working days is ample time to get this done. The only reason I can see for this is Virgin screwing extra money out of customers by Keeping OUR money in your account. Can I get a real explanation of time scale please? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

That is the only explanation you will get.

Likely it’s something to do with making sure the equipment is returned etc as it’s loaned and not given, and chargeable if not returned. Who knows. It is business sensitive information as to their why so you won’t get a further explanation over what is already said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kmbmcadam,

Thanks for your post.

We would send the cheque refund to you, within 35 days of the disconnection date. So if your disconnection date was the 14th of November, then we'll send it by 19th December 2018.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Kmbmcadam
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You confirmed my cheque was supposed to be sent on the 19th of November and would take 10 days in the ‘postal system’ this is now overdue by a week. I would like to know whether it has actually been issued. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kmbmcadam, 

Thanks for coming back to the Community. Apologies to hear you are still waiting on the cheque. With it being Christmas and New Year there may well of been a delay. I can check to see if it's been issued though. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kmbmcadam, 

It's just a quick post to say we've not forgotten about you. 

If you still need some assistance with this just reply to the message I sent you. 

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Jason080176
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Virgin needs to stop this nonsense with sending cheques and get in the 21 century, even my nan has finally stoped using them, I don't know anyone else who uses such an insecure means of payment and judging by this forum, facebook and twitter anyone else who has such bad luck with things being "lost" in the post.... 

My account should have been closed on 02/11 but wasn't till 07/11, they claim to have sent a cheque on 14/12 which never turned up, even with me phoning them on 24/12 (10 days after it was sent) informing them I hadn't received it  they waited another 11 days and several calls before sending another cheque on 04/01 which after 7 days has still not turned up.

Speaking to them today, I'm told I need to wait and if it's not here by Monday they'll cancel the second cheque which will take a few days and then raise another one. 

If you ever get you money, let me know on this thread so I know virgin cheques really do exist and not a made up thing......

0 Kudos