cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Name Change Query

elangont
On our wavelength

My VM account (I manage and pay for it) is under my mother's name, and I simply wish to change it to mine as painlessly as possible.

Is it just a simple as filling out the "change my name" form?

I've had my fair share of clerical issues with VM in the past and I just want to avoid any further hassle.

Any advice on the best course of action would be welcome.

Thanks, Elango

4 REPLIES 4

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
There isn't a name change that can be done on the existing account

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-account-change-name

If you want to take Virgin Media services at the same address where you're living with an existing account holder, then Virgin Media will close the existing account and set you up with a new one.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Elango, 

Thanks for your post and enquiry into taking over your mums account. 

As mentioned by BenMcr, we don't offer a way of transferring the account in to another persons name. Your mum would need to contact us to cancel her account. 

You will then be able to open an account in your name. It's worth noting that there would be a gap of 24 hours minimum in your services while the connection switches over. You would also get new equipment so if you have a TV service that has recordings on, it's worth watching them before hand 🙂

Let us know if you have any further questions. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

elangont
On our wavelength

Thanks for the replies and clarification.

Much appreciated, Elango

Hi @elangont,

No problem at all. Be sure to let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!