cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Cancellation within 14 days cooling off period

Emsy75
Just joined

Hoping I can get some help as Virgin Media have been dishonest and unclear in their selling of their service to me.

I took their broadband, TV and mobile package.  But within days realised that BT are already in the house I am renting (and VM's lines were cut by the owner) and so I canceled the package and went with BT.  I did this within a week of ordering the service so well within the 14 days.  I did not activate the broadband at all.

I have now received a bill and called customer services to discuss.  It was so confusing and I am still not sure what is going to happen.  But it seems that I have to pay this bill and then wait 45 days for it to be refunded to me!  The bill does not say final bill, nor does it mention anywhere on it that I will be refunded for this amount.  None of this is mentioned when selling the package either.  It is sold as a very easy 14 day cooling off period, no strings attached.

I am disgusted by this.  It is robbery.  Seems others have also had this treatment or worse.  What solutions please, anyone?

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Emsy75 wrote:

Hoping I can get some help as Virgin Media have been dishonest and unclear in their selling of their service to me.

<snip>

I am disgusted by this.  It is robbery.  Seems others have also had this treatment or worse.  What solutions please, anyone?

Problems cancelling, as you described, during the cooling off period have been mentioned on here before. Read section M, para 7 of VM's T&C's

https://prod.ctassets.virginmedia.com/uploads/Terms_and_Conditions_TV_Fibre_and_Phone_POST_01_NOV_22...

You should be refunded within 14 days from when you cancel using the same method of payment you used to pay VM.

Thank you Hero.

So they are not following this.  What can I do?