Menu
Highlighted
MrTIMarshall
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Account Billing Enquiry After Moving Home

Dear Virgin Media Community Support,

I first sent a message via the "Contact Us" chat box found on the bottom-right corner at 11:33 with it now being 15:10, over two hours ago. I have yet to receive ANY response. What I have said so far can be viewed within the below spoiler tag;

Spoiler
11:33, May 18
You: Hello
Info: Okay, we’ve got your query. Just to let you know replies from this service are not immediate, and we are currently busier than normal, but one of our expert team will be with you as soon as possible.
11:35, May 18
You: Please allow me to start by saying that the following method of going to "https://www.virginmedia.com/contact" does not work. It took myself quite some time finding this chat function due to having my computer magnified x500 percent due to a sevear sight impairment.
12:04, May 18
You: My main concern for contacting Virgin today is that I have received a bill statement by email for the total amount of £104.60.
12:05, May 18
You: Our usual monthly Virgin Media bill is for £53.00, however due to moving address, I believe this is where something has gone to fault as this was not stated to us that we would be expected to pay so much.
13:03, May 18
You: I have now been waiting for one hour and a hlaf. I feel that this is not acceptable.

I initially seeked to contact Virgin Media for a simple query, however upon logging in, the area which advises you to follow through the support link to "https://www.virginmedia.com/contact", is a page which you receive one of Virgim Media's custom 404 error. Additionally, due to disabilities, I did not see the message box on the screen in the bottom-right corner until seeking through third-party help.

Past 10 monts paymets we have made to Virgin Media;

Spoiler
DateTypeDescription Paid Out
8 April 2019D/DVIRGIN MEDIA PYMTS£53.00
8 March 2019D/DVIRGIN MEDIA PYMTS£53.00
8 February 2019D/DVIRGIN MEDIA PYMTS£48.77
8 January 2019D/DVIRGIN MEDIA PYMTS£48.00
10 December 2018D/DVIRGIN MEDIA PYMTS£48.36
8 November 2018D/DVIRGIN MEDIA PYMTS£48.79
8 October 2018D/DVIRGIN MEDIA PYMTS£44.77
10 September 2018D/DVIRGIN MEDIA PYMTS£47.25
8 August 2018D/DVIRGIN MEDIA PYMTS£48.98
9 July 2018D/DVIRGIN MEDIA PYMTS£48.19

These payments have been affordable for us to pay and as you can see, no payment has been late or missed. The dates can vary depending on whether they fall on a weekday or weekend.

Our next bill for 16 May 2019, we were expecting the bill to be around the sum of £53.00, however our statement came through today and is shown for £104.60, which appears to potentially be for two months.

We have recently moved address taking Virgin with us and to my knowledge, none of this was mentioned in regards to billing

Best Regards,

Tim

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Account Billing Enquiry After Moving Home

Hi MrTIMarshall, 

Thanks for your post

Although I am sorry that you've had some problems with our contact page and that there's been some confusion over your recent bill. 

As each account is linked to a specific address, when you move home a new account would be started at your new address. As this is a new account is does mean your first bill would be a double bill. This is because the first bill will cover the service charges for the first month, plus a month in advance. You can see more about your first bilhere

Let us know how you get on with that and if you need any further assistance. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
MrTIMarshall
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Account Billing Enquiry After Moving Home

Hiya Emma,

I got through to the chat agent, give or take a couple more hours as I had the page still open in the background not realising, to which I was advised that this is pretty much a double month bill whereas this month no money is taken.

Thank you and best regards,
Tim
0 Kudos