cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted new contract offer, not shown in MyVM

ajc72
On our wavelength

Hi.

On 24/02/2023 I accepted a contract renewal offer that I received via e-mail. I received 2 further e-mails, one entitled 'Your Virgin Media Order' which included the following:

[REMOVED]

The other e-mail was titled 'Virgin Media Order Documents' and contained two pdf files.

However, I have not received any broadband increase, and the link under My Virgin Media shows the old contract, without any mention of the renewal, and at the old pricepoint.

I cannot find the correct option amid your labyrinthine phone service (150), and have hearing difficulties which prevent me from being able to understand people talking from noisy call centres.

Would someone be able to sort this out for me please?

Thank you.

Andrew.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

8 REPLIES 8

bhaskarsamani
Dialled in

best option you got is call 150, if its not someone in the uk, hang up and call back 

Thanks for the reply. Spending the rest of my life on the phone to VM hoping that I get an audible response seems a little unnecessary though. Is there nothing the forum team can do?

Also, to the mod who edited my OP, thanks for removing what I did not realise was personal info, but you also removed the part which stated that my M350 service had been removed and M500 service added, something which has not actually happened, and is not reflected in my contract details in MyVM. That was why I posted the details.

Andrew

unisoft
Well-informed

@ajc72 wrote:

Hi.

On 24/02/2023 I accepted a contract renewal offer that I received via e-mail. I received 2 further e-mails, one entitled 'Your Virgin Media Order' which included the following:

[REMOVED]

The other e-mail was titled 'Virgin Media Order Documents' and contained two pdf files.

However, I have not received any broadband increase, and the link under My Virgin Media shows the old contract, without any mention of the renewal, and at the old pricepoint.

I cannot find the correct option amid your labyrinthine phone service (150), and have hearing difficulties which prevent me from being able to understand people talking from noisy call centres.

Would someone be able to sort this out for me please?

Thank you.

Andrew.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

From personal experience, the contract details can take 72 hours to update in My Virgin Media. If you got the emails it's usually a good indication it will happen, but check. It's probably about to happen...I've never had it done sooner than that and I've been in this situation a few times over 16 years, though from memory the contract showing ONLINE only came about in past 7 years.

I have the exact same issue.

I handed my notice in last Wednesday. 

I received a call from VM and I renewed my contract last week (Thursday) with a new package and can see the renewed contract (which I received by email) when I check online, but my package is stuck in the previous package.

When I speak to 150 retentions all I get is that the new deal that I agreed is not valid. 

I seem to be going round and round talking to retentions as they just follow a strict script. 

Thanks for the reply. Spending the rest of my life on the phone to VM hoping that I get an audible response seems a little unnecessary though. Is there nothing the forum team can do?

when you call on 150, demand to speak to a manager ? 

I tried speaking to a manager but got nowhere.. apart from getting very frustrated.

I am sure the forum admins will pick up on this thread and be able to help.

Well that doesn't surprise me

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ajc72,

Thank you for your post, I'm sorry to hear that there's been an issue with your recent request to accept a new contract. 

We'll be happy to check this end to see if the changes have been implemented and if not, we can help get it arranged. 

I'll pop you over a private message now so I can grab your details. Please look out for my message over at the purple envelope.

Thanks

Beth