cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AWFUL Customer Service

MattDorber
Joining in

Where to even start.

About two months ago, I had a popup on my account saying I could upgrade to Maxit TV for only 22.30 extra a month. I was on the £30 a month deal for 500mbps broadband at the time.

I get halfway through signing up, have my pre-contract emailed to me, and it won't go through. I whatsapp them, told that's fine they'll put it through now, expect an engineer to install it on Thursday of next week.

Thursday comes - no engineer. I ring them, there is no engineer appointment. They arrange another one for Friday. Friday comes, no engineer. There is no engineer appointment. 

Instead, what's happened is they've cancelled my promotion, and put me on £59 a month (the original broadband with no discounts).

I call them this time and get through to a really nice chap (UK based) who sees what a mess they've made and fixes it for me - provides a delivery date, says they'll honour the deal and it's gone through to the credit team. 

Delivery date comes - no tracking number, no email. Ring them back - no order has been placed. 

Eventually, after about 2 or 3 more phone calls I get through to another UK based person who AGAIN sees what a mess it's in, and takes ages going through sorting it. She says the request to credit didn't actually go through, so she'll push it through for me now. All sorted, £52.30 a month. I get a tracking number and my product is delivered.

Except a few days later my package is showing as £72. My current bill shows £59, plus £29 for 'package changes'. I'm debited £88 on that bill.

My next bill then comes up - £72 package, £18.64 'package changes' and £35 'activation fee' totalling £125.64.

At this point i'm just sick of it, and I log a complaint with Virgin Media, detailing all the charges and all the errors made, asking them to go through all the call logs. Response I get?

"We appreciate Matt for being our valuable customer and we value the time you have taken to write to us. As per your complaint, we understand that you had issues with the package changes. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. Be assured that we will look into it and help you with the best of our abilities. Upon checking our records, we can see that you have got into a new contract with us for 72GBP ad the charges are valid"

I honestly don't know what to do. I've had broken promises, i've been overcharged two months in a row, and the complaints team just give me an auto response like that.

What do I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@MattDorber wrote:

So I request a deadlock letter via Virgin Media?

You could hold on and wait for a reply from the VM forum team on here first of all to see if they can do anything to remedy the issue for you. They usually reply within a day or two.

If no luck there, you would need to progress your complaint to Ombudsman Services for independent arbitration.

To go to Ombudsman Services you have to have formally complained to VM first of all (which you have already done).

VM has not resolved your issue so you can reject their 'resolution' and request a deadlock letter from VM and then submit a complaint to Ombudsman Services.

Some topics on here describe getting the deadlock letter as a difficult process so there is a further criteria that you can go to Ombudsman Services in any event 8 weeks after you submitted your VM complaint.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@MattDorber wrote:

Where to even start.

About two months ago, I had a popup on my account saying I could upgrade to Maxit TV for only 22.30 extra a month. I was on the £30 a month deal for 500mbps broadband at the time.

<snip>

What do I do?

Reject VM's 'resolution' to your complaint and request a deadlock letter to go to arbitration with Ombudsman Services

https://www.ombudsman-services.org/

You will also be entitled to payments of £26.24 for each missed appointment when a VM tech did not show up if VM did not give you 24 hours notice of the cancellation.

@MattDorber wrote:

You could hold on and wait for a reply from the VM forum team on here first of all to see if they can do anything to remedy the issue for you. They usually reply within a day or two.

If no luck there, you would need to progress your complaint to Ombudsman Services for independent arbitration.

To go to Ombudsman Services you have to have formally complained to VM first of all (which you have already done).

VM has not resolved your issue so you can reject their 'resolution' and request a deadlock letter from VM and then submit a complaint to Ombudsman Services.

Some topics on here describe getting the deadlock letter as a difficult process so there is a further criteria that you can go to Ombudsman Services in any event 8 weeks after you submitted your VM complaint.

Hey @MattDorber, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had with our team when the package change has gone wrong.
I will assist you on this and send a private message, watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs